my dahlia's

Brigham City, UT(Zone 5b)

I planted over 100 dahlias this spring. They are giving me a show.

Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Oh, they are beautiful!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Kay said exactly what I was thinking! They are glorious. Love every photo and the gardens as well.

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Wonderful. What a show you are in for. Better than fireworks.

SOUTH HAMILTON, MA

Wicked Awesome! I always wonder why everyone doesn't plant dahlias... they are spectacular!

The thought of spending probably the worst day of November, weather wise, digging, washing, labeling, turning upside down to dry for a few days, packaging, more labeling, storing, checking and finding some disappointments just might lead some people to not wanting to grow them BUT...

with the prices I found at Home Depot and Lowe's this year it's worth it for us to treat ourselves to $10.00 worth of dahlias that provide months of blooms. Saving the tubers gets more difficult for me as I get older but if you like them, save them.

I decided that I am going to label them now before I have a rush to do so. I will label height, name (or color), size of flower. I have yellow tags to use. I thought that would save me some time later. I used some for table decorations. They loved them.

Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee

You really have some beauties.

They really are. I wish I could spend all day out in the yard. Full time work isn't fun anymore. I have a 4 Lady Darlene that have 2 in one flowers on many stems, it is quite interesting. The picture shows almost a purple flower but it is orange/pink/yellow. It is a beautiful color.

This message was edited Aug 14, 2012 9:08 PM

Thumbnail by MyRee

Here-here!! And so much fun watching them open up. I planted about 35 new ones last year and it's like Christmas watching them open. To have 100!!!! Such fun.

Is that the name of this dahlia 4 Lady Darlene? Where did you get them all? Vendor?

4 is the # of Lady Darlene Dahlias that I have. I got most of mine from Alpha Dahlia's. Evy was very nice and returned my emails promptly. I will order from them again.
I also got some from Breck's, they were very nice also.

This message was edited Aug 14, 2012 9:20 PM

MyRee - Lady Darlene has always been one of my favorites. I bought mine from Corralitos. Love their plants.

http://cgdahlias.com/

Thumbnail by pirl

Yes, that is the color. I will have to check their website. Thanks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.