My new hibiscus

Brigham City, UT(Zone 5b)

I started these from seed, some this year and some last year. They are beautiful.

Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee
Tipp City, OH(Zone 5b)

Nice varieties - beautiful colors! The last one looks like Lady Baltimore but I was thinking it didn't make seeds but I still have a lot to learn....

These are from seeds that I gathered from my hibiscus. I really don't know how I got that one. I love it. I used some for table decorations for a 50 year class reunion. The glass is 12" and the hibiscus filled them.

Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee
Tipp City, OH(Zone 5b)

What an unusual way to display them - great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

So what did you do to the seeds before you planted them? Sharon

Hi Sharon, I soaked my seeds overnight then put them in paper towels in baggies under lights. When I saw little sprouts I planted them in potting soil. I had about a 50% success rate. They seemed to take a while to really take hold.
I saw somewhere that some seeds takeup to months to germinate, I didn't wait that long. The last ones that I started are very large, I am in awe of the beauty of them. I have pure white, dark red, light red, pink swirls - both light and dark. I planted 29 new hibiscus in the new yard that I bought next door. I just got Yard of the Month for August. It is a brand new yard that I started this spring. I love it.

Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Beautiful garden. Those sunflowers are reaching for heaven. Thanks for posting. Sharon

Some of the Sunflowers are over 10' tall. I just love them. I really don't know what I love most about the garden. So much color and so many different flowers. I just can't stop smiling.
1 - Most of my family in my garden at dusk. I am the one on the far left, in the back.
2 - My children and all but 2 grandchildren.
3 - One of my > 12" hibiscus

Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

You look younger than your children. Nice Family....Sharon

How sweet you are. I do love my family.

Thumbnail by MyRee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.