Koi Pond Garden

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

I just finished this miniature garden today. It took quite a while to make because of the resin "water" needing to dry after each layer of resin. I hope you like it.

Thumbnail by joycerogers0713 Thumbnail by joycerogers0713 Thumbnail by joycerogers0713
New Harmony, UT(Zone 5b)

That is soooo beautiful. You have an excellent eye for design!!!
Linda

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Thank you Linda for the kind words. I'm so happy that you like it.

South, TX

That is really beautiful! Great job!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Thanks Sally, it's a lot prettier in person. My camera phone doesn't do it justice.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I love it, very nice. I have the 5 foot tall version of that same statue, it's under an arbor too!
You just gave me a great idea, how about a "real" miniature koi pond?
Something with goldfish in it!
I may have to work on that one.

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Finished garden photo's. Please forgive the quality of the photo.

Thumbnail by joycerogers0713 Thumbnail by joycerogers0713
Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Joyce, did you make the pot? It looks like an interesting shape is why I ask.
This is just so cute, I love the little "spilled" pot.

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

No. The 3 pots were a gift from a friend. I've seen them at Hobby Lobby tho. I mixed soil with resin so the spilled pot won't lose it's dirt. Also the one with the trowel in it. I bought the container from Plow and Hearth. It is a self watering planter but the soil tends to sour near the bottom if aquarium charcoal is not added.

This message was edited Sep 17, 2012 8:24 PM

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Done!

Thumbnail by joycerogers0713 Thumbnail by joycerogers0713
South, TX

Great job, I love it!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Thank you Sally.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Laney, I'm tardy with checking the Tiny Garden forum, and so thrilled to see more of your beautiful handiwork! Love the koi pond!!!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

This garden won Honorable Mention in the Two Green Thumbs contest that ended 10/31/12!

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

I think you should have gotten first place!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Thanks Bev, Janit said I was in first place for best container garden until the last few minutes of the contest and 2 more votes came in for another garden which caused me to get Honorable Mention. I don't mind because it was such a fun contest and there were so many lovely gardens entered.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

I saw some of the others, and they were nice, but I still liked your's best!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Bev you're to sweet. Thank you so much for the encouragement. :o)

Thumbnail by joycerogers0713
Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Aaah, what happened to the bedpan mini?

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Bev the bed pan was rusting and poisoning the plants so I had to take it apart and try the galvanized container. Hope this works better, but I just love the idea of the bed pan. :0(

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Sorry to hear about the bedpan mini, but thanks for the info! I never thought of the rust hurting the plants! I have a little house roof that I was encouraging to rust and planned to clear seal it. I'm finding out now that if I let it rust as much as I wanted, the sealer won't stick to it. I guess I need to just paint it to get the affect I want.

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Yep, we live and learn!

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Yep!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.