Hello from Bear Creek, NC

Bear Creek, NC

Hi My name is Chris.

I am new to your place here. I make Wild Bird Seed Mixes and grow tall multicolored zinnia flowers for seed production. I love photography, nature, animals and playing my guitar too. :)

Tell me the rules of this place? What can I say here? What can I not talk about? NO Selling? I just don't know the rules, so maybe you folks can help me.

It is nice to meet all of you.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Good morning Mr. Seed Guy! =) Heh heh, you sound an awful lot like my son, except I can't imagine him with a guitar, just the thought makes me giggle. His artistic genes/jeans lead him more toward the kitchen. < =D

Well, welcome to DG, it's very nice to have you here!! I guess one of the most basic 'rules' here is to keep it clean/decent/respectful, please.

You can talk about stuff you've encountered and where you've encountered it (eg: My wonderful Hubby got me the coolest water gauges for my birthday at amazon.com and I love them!! If you click on this link, you'll see which ones they are: http://www.amazon.com/Chaney-Instrument-4-Inch-Capacity-enclosed/dp/B000A3IMRK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=KZGZ1E8SPZO5&coliid=I2R17RG2XX8KM8) That's not "selling", but just sharing something that has brought me joy. That is ok.
On the other hand... "I work for this company that sells XYZ product, go here _____ to check out my stuff!!" is a no-no.

If you've got something you'd like to trade, then you can check out the trade list(s) here: http://davesgarden.com/community/trading/

If you click on the "About" tab at the top of the page, you'll be provided with a list of links to check out, including "Rules", "Terms of use", and a really helpful "Take the Tour" link. I highly recommend that you check those out, they're super helpful.

And, depending on which forum you're in, you can talk about dern near anything, from gardening, to cooking, to photography, to books you like to read. Click on the "Communities" tab at the top and you'll be brought to a page with lots of links inside the site here. At the top of the page is the "Discussion Forums" link, and there are TONS of discussion forums here, on and off gardening-topic. So, just click around a bit to familiarize yourself with how things look here, and how to get around.

I hope this was helpful to you, but if you've got any questions, just pop me a D-mail and I'll do my best to answer as clearly as possible. You can D-mail me a couple different ways:

1- click my name in any post I've made, then choose the "send D-mail" option/link.

2- click on the 'mail' sub-tab at the top of the page
click on 'compose mail' option to the left
type in my name in the box provided.
write a nice friendly note, and "send". =)

Happy Saturday, and Happy Gardening!

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Welcome, Chris!

We also have Classified Ads if you want to place one. Click on the tab at the top of the page that says, "Products and Sources". On the menu at the left, the third item is "Classified Ads", so click that and you'll find instructions on how to place one.

And if you have any questions, there are lots of nice, helpful folks here to ask, like Speedie!

Aaaaw shucks, gee thanks KY!! =) And very cool, I always learn something new here, I didn't know there was a place to go for classifieds! =)

LOL I just noticed there is a direct link to "Classified Ads" right below the "Guides and Information" tab. I'll have to click on that more often!

Hmmm, that's weird, I don't see it in my page. I wonder if it's our settings, and maybe you've got your stuff set up and/or saved differently than I have..?? Things that make ya go "Hmmmm". ;)

I dunno...it's on my home page. hmmm...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.