Tiny Tiny Mushrooms

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

We mowed and trimmed our yard this morning - and I found these charming little mushrooms. You can see how small they are by the size of the pine needles beside them.

G. is taking a photo class, and this week's lesson is macro photography so he dropped the yard blower and ran for the camera before the light changed.

Entlie

Thumbnail by Entlie
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

How amazing, you can even see the grains of sand on them.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I love the red with the yellow gills! I've got shrooms sprouting all over the place with all this rain .. not as pretty as those though.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Did I tell you all my story about the mushrooms in my yard?
They start out day glow yellow then turn to teal blue and look like dayglow blue. Awesome.things and then they go away.
Wonder what makes them change to the beautiful colors.
Lavina

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Wow .. I never knew that mushrooms changed color!

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

They sound spectacular, Lavina!

Entlie

Wouldn't a time lapse video of them be cool.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Indeed! Are you still desperate for rain Ardesia? It looks like you've gotten some in the last few week.

We did get about an inch and a half but it was far from enough, the irrigation system is on again. SIgh........

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Are you ladies saying you need rain? We have had rain every day for 32 days I am about to float off. My yard is mush. Wish I could send some to you.
Entie are you getting as much there? Thought it wouldn't rain here yesterday and at 8:00 pm it pourd and pourd thru the night/
Lavina

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Lavina, we probably aren't getting as much as you since you're closer to the coast, but we have hardly had to water at all this summer. Even last night, with only 20% forecast, we got a tenth of an inch.

Also, most days in the mid to high 80's or barely 90. Very few even close to 100.

Nice!

Entlie

Aggghhhhh, it has been pouring all around us but we seem to be in a little pocket that the rain avoids. We are still in a major drought in my specific area. Recent guests were blown away that we could watch It rain across the river while it was sunny and dry here.

We did get a good storm Saturday afternoon while we were watching the PGA tournament at Kiawah where it was sunny without a hint of rain. We, as the crow flies, are very close to Kiawah. Go figure. The rain seems to come as far east as downtown Beaufort, then it splits and goes around us.

My son, in Jacksonville, FL, has had more than 3' of rain this summer.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

That really is weird .. I've been lucky with a good rain at least once a week here ... my hedychium's have never been so big or bloomed so early.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.