Diastema vexans advice

Sanbornton, NH

Hi folks,

I need some advice as to what to do with my Diastema vexans. The foliage has died off and the soil surface is covered in little apple green rhizomes. My question is: what should I do at this point to restart these rhizomes? Do I leave them in place? Do I put them in vermiculite or perlite? Very cool to see all those rhizomes. Thanks in advance for your help.

Earle

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Hi Earle,
You can leave them in place and water sparingly until they re-sprout or take the rhizomes and put them in pots of barely damp soil,cover,and wait till growth starts.It's a really carefree plant and won't stay dormant long.
Lynn

Sanbornton, NH

Thanks, Lynn. The plant did come from you originally. It grew well and flowered beautifully. I will work to keep it going.

Earle

Glad it has grown well for you Earle ^_^.

Williston, ND

it is a neat plant,i just got a start,yes i rejoined today

Sanbornton, NH

Good to see you back, Jim!

Earle

Williston, ND

thanks earle

Hey Jim! Good to see you. Can't access my email for the last 2 days,because my server is down.

Lynn

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Jim,Welcome back.

Hi Earle and Lynn.This form has been pretty slow these days.Got to liven it up some.

Jan

Maybe we can think of something after Christmas Sis!

Lynn

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Good to see you back Jim!! Yeah, we need something to liven the forum up after Christmas. Sister Jan, you can start some kind of project for us to do. A good winter project is what we need here ::)))))

Connie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.