Thyme After Thyme near Athens going out of business

Dahlonega, GA(Zone 7b)

Thyme After Thyme near Athens airport going out of business.

I just got an email from them stating they are going out of business. this is sad as i've bought numerous plants from them. They have a stock of good quality items at reasonable prices. its a medium-large nursery that grows many of the plants they sell. In any case, they are selling stock at 50% list. so some bargains may be found for those close to athens. http://thymeafterthyme.com/

Cartersville, GA(Zone 8a)

I wish I lived closer and I would go and check it out. It will soon be cool enough for some fall planting. I am in Cartersville so it is about two hours to Athens. It is sad that they are going out of business, I hate it that the only places to buy plants will soon be Lowe's and Home Depot, their stock is so limited. I go through my garden books and I see so many things that I would love to get, but you can't find them here.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

So sad. Their plants are great and they are so nice. Plus, the nursery is beautiful. If you can get there it is a lovely day trip. We once did a RU day trip there, traded plants in the gravel parking area, shopped and caravaned to a nearby cafe for lunch. A lovely day.

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

MaypopLaurel,
I remember that day! We went to the Cafe' Marigold for lunch. It was sold to "From Scratch".

I've been to Thyme After Thyme twice and plan on going back. They still have so much left.

I sure am going to miss them.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, of course. You organized that trip. I couldn't recall the name of the cafe. I'd go over there but it takes a good hour for me, even from Cleveland, and our garden is being harvested full tilt these days.

You weren't around for awhile. Glad to see you back.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.