Does anyone have Edith Sliger to trade or buy.

Owosso, MI(Zone 5b)

I have been looking for Edith Sliger and was wondering if anyone here would have it and be willing to trade me some or be willing to sell me some and it doesn't have to be a lot one fan would be fine.
Thanks
Jan

Albertville, AL

According to my notebook, I have it. I will check tomorrow. I am trying to find a Kristen or Kristin.-Frieda Allen Jerrell-Just Plain Bill-Christopher Russell
and the list goes on. I'll contact you tomorrow about Edith.

Owosso, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks so much for the prompt response I really appreciate it and would be so happy if you do end up having Edith Sliger to sell or trade.
Sorry I don't have any of the DLs you listed I really haven't got a lot in comparison to people who do most all daylilies and I have to admit most of my plants are on the newer side.
But i do have some flowers that I'm able to trade so look at my list if there is something you like just ask.
I should ask you also you don't by any chance have Braided Edgings too do you?
I have been looking for that DL too for quite a while.
Thanks
Jan

Albertville, AL

I found Edith Sliger and it only had one fan. I will baby it and maybe I'll have more next year. It was in the shade with lots of weeds crowding it . I pulled weeds today (changing clothes 3 times due to heat) I do not have Braided Edgings but will ask those in my daylily club. I have a friend there named Edith so I'll ask about that flower too.

Owosso, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks so much for looking especially in the heat I forget that you guys are still enduring high temps down there. We have had a reprieve from the heat for a while unusual for us since August is usually our high heat month. But this year we had such excessive heat in July even more excessive than normal up to 100 degrees for quite a few days very unusual for us and I was a sissy and stayed inside with the air on whole time with cabin fever. Yes it drove me crazy but not enough to want to endure such heat.
We also had a lack of moisture those days too making it that much worse. We are supposed to get rain today, tonight and tomorrow we need it I know the farmers do big time.
But when looking at the weather channel I realize that we aren't the worst hit by this drought and I can't even imagine what those states are doing.
Because of the drought we have had my plants have suffered this year since the heat kept me inside I was neglected my plants need for water.
I've been watering lately and mulching these cooler days we've had trying to bring them back and looking forward to this rain today even if it is a thunderstorm. My Mother in law used to say that when you get lightning it puts nitrogen in your soil so that would be good too.
Oh I was wrong when I said Braided Edgings it is Braided Edges just slightly different but don't want you asking for something that doesn't exist.
I really appreciate this and am very patient and wouldn't want anyone to deplete their plant (very counter productive) but I am only able to be on this thread for 2 weeks since I'm not a subscribed member and haven't decided whether to subscribe so just d-mail me at my Ryguy319 d-mail instead of responding back to this thread as I will not be able to see it after 2 weeks.
Thanks so much for enduring the heat for me but please stay inside and wait for a cooler day there will be lots of time for weeding in more comfort ( if weeding can be ever be fun LOL).
Thanks
Jan

Albertville, AL

I found Edith Slidger from Johnson Daylily Garden. Jeff and Linda Johnson 70 Lark Ave Brooksville Fl 34601-1319 Cost $10.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Is that for a single or double fan??

Normal, IL

I planted Edith five years ago, two fans. Today, 3 fans. I keep telling myself to just give up on Edith.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Same here. I have Edith and have had it for about 6 years. Only have about 4 or 5 fans of it. It does not increase well at all.

Owosso, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks all for the info leave it to me to be infatuated with a very stubborn daylily.
I also have Hyperion and that is been very slow to grow and I've had it about 5 years maybe and it probably only has about 2 fans. It must not like my soil but hey I'm a determined person and don't give up easily.
I have a digging dog and don't give up on her I love her so much but she gives me much grief.
Jan

Waddy, KY

I think I had it too but it's really not a very strong grower here either. If you get it you'd better plant it in a very protected place and mulch the dickens out of it. I'd spend my money elsewhere if I had to do it over again.

Janet

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I had it and it grew ok it seemed, but it was always splotchy when it opened, and had a frumpy look to it, I culled it.

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

i know how you feel about Edith! when i was a bit newer, i was obsessed with that one! it has taken a bit of time to settle in, but this year it really showed out for me. i really think it has some lovely genetics and i crossed a number of "newer" dayliles with it.

i am sorry, i am not really trading right now. our weather has been horrible the last two years and i dont want to stress the plants any more than they already are!

here are a few shots to show how she looks in my garden! :)

tracie

Thumbnail by aggiegrl Thumbnail by aggiegrl Thumbnail by aggiegrl
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

You can definitely tell that she likes the warmer climate. Mine took at least 3 years before it bloomed nicely for me.

Normal, IL

Geesh. I have not had blooms even remotely that beautiful. Mine are faded and with blotches....so it goes...

This message was edited Aug 30, 2012 11:13 PM

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

i am sorry to hear that! i do know the heat helps with the thicker edges. but, the trade off is that ofter the colors are washed out. this one seems to do ok with the heat.

tracie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.