New Pots4myPlants!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

So I designed a self-watering planter for my hoya vines... This Kerri started as a cutting about a foot long in January of 2011, which I eventually stuffed into a small container made of two tiny plastic pots taped together and then put in a ceramic container that I made in Japan. The "Japanese" container doesn't have drainage holes, but as you can see the mineral deposits on it in the "before" pictures - it did let the water seep out. I was trying to make sure it pot-bound itself, because I'd read somewhere that it'll flower faster if pot-bound. Well, I didn't get a flower yet - and the plants wasn't as pot-bound as I was expecting it to be actually, but now I'm more entertained by the idea of training this plant to grow on the "trellis" I made for it than getting it to flower.

The new blue container is about 9 inches tall by itself, and the whole display is a little over 4 feet.

Thumbnail by Plants4myPots Thumbnail by Plants4myPots Thumbnail by Plants4myPots
This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!