Catts and Phals

Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

I don't know what it is, but I just can't seem to get a Catt type to re-bloom. My only success has been a gerberara. Phals only do a little better for me. Moving them around to different light levels, etc just doesn't seem to work. I know these are supposed to be the 'easy' orchids, but I don't find it so. I have cyms, dracula, Encyclia, Masdevallia, Miltoniopsis and even Neofinetia falcata doing well and blooming on schedule. Any helpful hints?

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

Sure wish I could help you, Ted! My Phals do well, but the Catt alliance...some do, some don't. By the way, the Neo. you gave me has a spike.
Carol

Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Outstanding, Carol. I split that off some time ago like we talked about. Never bloomed, The mother plant is showing 5 spikes. Must be its time of year in SoCAL

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

My Phals seem to bloom when there is a temp & lighting change. So when I move them inside in the Fall/Winter and then when I move them outside in the Spring.
Of course they are now blooming and I figure that is because we are now having the warmer nites.

Odessa, FL(Zone 9b)

I don't think Phals are easy growing either. They hate change and tend to get fungus at the drop of a hat. I have taken to mounting a few just to see if that helps. So far, so good. Catts in Florida really seem to do well. I've never had a problem with them and they rebloom right on cue.

Jim

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.