Jackmanii not in bloom anymore. Is something wrong?

Maynard, MA

I've had lovely blooms on my jackmanii since...well, I don't remember exactly, but it seems like since June. Now, the blooms have all died out and new ones haven't replaced them. I only watered them a couple of times this summer, despite the fact that it's been somewhat dry. (Here in Massachusetts, it's dry, but not a drought.) Should I have watered them more? Fed them more? Or is it "normal" for them to stop blooming around now? (I had heard they would bloom through September.)

Thanks,
Shayna

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Two of my three Jackmanii clem's have almost stopped producing flowers - maybe it's the heat. You can water them more often, deeply - not often, and give them some rose or tomato food as long as they don't have buds. Make sure you have them well mulched. By September you should get more blooms.

Maynard, MA

Thanks, Pirl!!

Let us know when you get more blooms. We love success stories.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Mine is in a pot and has been kept watered and is now sending out 2nd flush of blooms.

Good job!

Normal, IL

Jackmanii in a pot? That has to be a big pot. My jackmanii grows 14' tall and 8' wide.

Jackmanii and many others can be raised in pots. They just require more care, more water and more food since the nutrients wash through a pot faster than if they were in the ground. I wouldn't recommend pot culture for any of the Class/group/type 1's. I doubt a Jackmanii in a pot can grow to the size of yours, onegoodman.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.