So Lovely!!!

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

This was a mystery DL that started blooming ML this year - quite tall, about 40" and so lovely...Near white, large blooms, stately stalks. I was guessing it was either Pastel Inspiration or So Lovely, based on what I vaguely remember ordering several years ago, but I wasn't sure until I started digging into the dirt right around the main stalk, and sure enough, it is So Lovely.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

So Lovely is a very nice flower. Mine just started blooming. My scapes are very short this year from lack of rain.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

That's one of the things that surprised me; how tall it was in a year of drought.
Or maybe it happened to get one of my lay the hose on the ground and forgot about it waterings? But nothing else at that far end of the garden even bloomed this year!

This message was edited Aug 4, 2012 1:53 PM

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Would one of you post a picture of SO LOVELY? I just purchased that one. I read that it is supposed to be 30" tall. Is that accurate or is it taller - OR shorter?

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

30" is about right. Mine this year is only about 22".

Thumbnail by hemlady
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the visual!

Linda

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Your welcome!!!

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Mine is less yellow, more of a light cream. I think this is the first year it bloomed; it was kind of stuck in the back of the garden with other misc. daylilies. Not marked, until I dug around the stalk and discovered a plastic tag. Love when that happens! This must have been from Wild's, it is the kind of tags they use.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I think I got mine from either Wild's or Oakes. When I first starting buying daylilies 20 years ago, Wild's and Oake's were the only 2 suppliers that I knew of. Now today there are so many more.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.