Need Dahlia ID, Please!

SOUTH HAMILTON, MA

Hello all (esp. Perl),
Long ago member back again! (I was Jax)
I need help. The pictured dahlia is NOT one I ordered! OK it's pretty, but I need to make a label for it. It does look familiar... any ideas? It's small -4", but the first few blossoms are sometimes smaller than later in the season (or is it just me?). Thanks in advance!

Thumbnail by Xaltd1
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

JAX? As in Melissa? As in "hottie"?

If so, I am thrilled to have you back here and hope you're happy.

No idea on the name. If it rains tomorrow I'll go hunting Swan Island, Dan's and a few others.

HURRAY! This is great!

SOUTH HAMILTON, MA

Yes, it's Melissa! My whole world has been turned upside down over the past 3 years. I would write a book, but no one would believe it!
How are you?

Jax is my cat, a great garden helper, so I can't cop his name anymore. He is the only guy who has stayed by my side through it all (I'm sure it has nothing to do with Fancy Feast).

I looked at the ENTIRE dahlia plantfiles. The suspects are Mystery Day, Wicky Woo, and B-Man. I bought a lot from Swan Island, Lynch Creek, Red Hawk, plus some local garden centers that I like to support. Some poor, underpaid person probably mixed up the tubers from one of my sources.

So happy to have you back here, Melissa!

Worlds often do turn upside down but eventually it works out right. I hope that's true for you.

Of course it wasn't the Fancy Feast. Jax and you are a match made in heaven. Please post a photo of him so others can see his beauty and maybe eek out his charm.

Did you want the name to buy more or just for ID purposes?

SOUTH HAMILTON, MA

Sorry, Pirl not Purl. I knit, therefore I spell, incorrectly.

My new name is a joke. I've hit rock-bottom. My salve for depression is gardening. I had to sell my house, but the apt. I am now renting comes with an incredible full-sun garden!!! NO PINE TREES!!!

Nothing against the great White Pine, but it's hard to have a flower garden with them around :0)

I planted about 80 dahlias this year! I love dahlias, and if one is going to grow something on rented land, dahlias are the best- they can be moved easily. My mom's landlord has a plowed field for sunflowers; he offered some space to my mom (who does NOT garden). I may rent space from him next year- a cottage business, perhaps?

Monet Glory: I just added it to the Files:

Thumbnail by Xaltd1

I answer to many variations of pirl...and Arlene.

If you're at rock bottom then the only way is up from here on - right? Gardening is the answer. I think it's a Chinese saying...Nature heals. During past trials and tribulations I planted thousands of bulbs and it did help. At least it helps with sleeping.

Does your mom live near you?

That's a beauty. I love the peach with the golden yellow but then, I'm a sucker for dahlias.

SOUTH HAMILTON, MA

Mom is 3 mi. away- can be good, or bad!

Oh, here's Jax!

Thumbnail by Xaltd1

Jax is your eternal Christmas present every day of the year.

Be glad your mom is close. I wish I had my mom back again.

SOUTH HAMILTON, MA

You can have my mom, if you want her. ;0)

Jax is Jax. That's my fav pic of him; he LOVES LADDERS and he delighted himself so much about getting to the top of my tallest stepladder.

Athens, PA

Melissa

Jax is such a beauty - our kitties are always by our side,aren't they? So sorry you are at rock bottom - as Arlene mentioned, the only way is up and I agree, gardening is the way to go. There is something so positive about seeing leaves unfurling and buds opening.

Welcome back and pet Jax for me.

SOUTH HAMILTON, MA

Thank you, Carolyn, and consider Jax hugged, kissed and patted- the little monkey. He's a blue bi-color Ragdoll, who was a cattery reject b/c of his enthusiasm for life. He was returned by his 1st owner and sold to me at 1/2 price! I kept his litter name (all characters from General Hospital!) b/c I thought he might be too much for me to handle, too. Well, he IS too much for me to handle (into EVERYTHING) but it makes him that much more adorable... except @ 5 AM.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.