A Masochistic Cat??

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

I have a real problem. I have 2 cats, one of which loves to be mauled by my dog which is an over 70 lb. golden lab, 9 or10 month old pup. They started out playing, and we thought it was cute. I is not cute anymore. It is very rough.

The cat literally taunts this dog, daring her to get her and then just lies there while the dog mauls her. They are both spayed females, so I don't believe it is sexual.

I cannot stand to see it, and I spend all my time yelling, or going after them to break it up. But, the cat is right back at the dog, throwing herself at it.

I googled "Is it possible I have a masochistic cat"? And I got a resounding, "YES", even with Youtubes of cats being "abused" and loving it.

I suggested finding another home for the cat, or taking it back to the Pet Rescue where we got her, but my DH refuses to discuss that. We are both very fond of the cat.

What to do???

This thread has 49 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!