Which peony is this?

Madison, WI

I lost the information on this plant. I'm pretty sure it was a Klehm's peony. I've done web searches to try to identify it, but nothing I found is quite right. I found a photo of "Companion of Serenity" that looked a lot like this, but then found two other photos of Companion that showed much darker pink and more ruffled petals.

Thumbnail by ondrejka Thumbnail by ondrejka
(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Well, the leaves argue for a herbaceous. But my heavens, that is a lot of possibilities.

Kansas City, MO

Leaves are tree peony. Shows more lutea than many do. Check Leda

Interesting. My tree peonies had the rusty grey green color that is typical of the cross between herbaceous and trees. I always thought it added to their beauty, in addition to lovely flowers.

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Would emailing a picture to Klehm's nursery be helpful to you in identifying you plant. That is one gorgeous peony.

Ellensburg, WA

ondrejka,

The blooms are, indeed, beautiful! I was hoping that someone would check with Klehm's Songsparrow Nursery to find out if they could identity the tree peony in your photo. As I was anxious to know, I finally emailed Klehm's, myself, and they responded as follows.

"Thank you for your inquiry. We asked Roy Klehm to take a look at the photo and he agrees that it is likely Tree Peony 'Companion of Serenity'.
Keep in mind that the color intensity of a plant can vary from blossom to blossom. Other influences such as amount of sunlight, geographical location, time of day, soil nutrients, etc. may affect the color of the blooms.

Tree Peony 'Companion of Serenity' is a wonderful cultivar. We highly recommend it. Please visit our website if you wish to place an order.

We hope this information is helpful and look forward to hearing from you. "

Best Regards,

Tannis at Song Sparrow Farm
13101 East Rye Road
Avalon, WI 53505
800-553-3715
www.songsparrow.com

Whoo hooo. Such service!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.