What I Do When It Rains

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

My husband always dreads coming home when I have been cooped up all day with the rain. I always have ideas. We have a small farm and most of my time is spent working the farm or training dogs, all of which is outside. I am so glad to find others who like to repurpose things and understand being a bit outside the box.

This was a project that is actually for our bunkhouse, I was given a print in a nondescript frame, matted and glassed when some friends were moving. One of those, "Knew you would like this" kind of things.

It has been sitting against a wall because although I don't mind the watercolor, I can't abide the frame in my turn of the century farm house. So when the rains came, I got an idea. I took an old window frame I found and after a bit of remodeling and flipping it over, came up with a suitable "house" for my print. No glass at this point, don't think I need it.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew Thumbnail by rouxcrew Thumbnail by rouxcrew
This thread has 26 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!