Strange Daylily

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I bought a daylily this spring..Kitty Wells that did not produce any flowers but it has strange groth in place of the flowers, They look like dozens of small seeds on top where the flower is supposed to be & the plant looks dozens of very thin blades of grass, My granddaughter is not here to take a picture of this so does anyone know what it is & will it flower next year or is it junk.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Thats a new one to me. Cant wait to see a picture if your Grandaughter comes by. It doesnt even sound like a daylily. Did you get if off the lily auction?

South Bend, IN

Weird. It sounds almost like nutsedge to me but I have never seen that flower - I just pull it or mow it over. I'd be curious where you purchased that from.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I remember a few years ago a guy selling ditch lily for intros on EBAY. Once they bloomed, they guy had moved on. That is the only time Ive heard of such a TOTAL scam. This sounds like it could be the second. Thank goodness it doesnt happen often. I hope that is not the case, but if it is, I hope you 'out' the seller if they dont make it right.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.