What's blooming in the desert that is our garden? July 19

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Last rebloom on Blast of Blue. Looks a lot different form the earlier blooms before the drought!
Eli Murphy
Joseph's Coat
Double Ethyl

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Sophia's Lips in rebloom
Fall Farewell--It's late as suggested by its name.
Rock star in late rebloom
last bloom on Dainty Eyes

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

My Joseph's Coat was greatly affected by the drought this year. I think it gave me 2 blooms and both were so small that they almost looked like miniature blooms.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Edna Jean is a late bloomer.
Annick Verhaert in rebloom
Savannah Debutante
Soldier of Fortune

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

late bloom on Lavender Kingdom
Christie's Big Heart
Indy Miner's Gold
Dorothy Lambert

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Nice flowers Don !

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Nice to have a few left, but not for long!

Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

Very nice!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Really nice! I especially like BLAST OF BLUE, CHRISTIE'S BIG HEART, SAVANNAH DEBUTANTE, SOLDIER OF FORTUNE, INDY MINERS GOLD.

Karen

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Don, how tall was Eli Murphy for you this season ?

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Mike, we just got it in early July at our regional meeting in Norfolk, and it's still in a pot. You can tell it will be tall, because the scapes are about three feet tall in the pot. It has three blooms today, so you know it's quite late. I'll get a picture of the three blooms today.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's Eli Murphy with three blooms on August 7. Almost nothing else is still blooming in our desert.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Nice pic Don.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

That looks like a nice one. I think that's one I wanted to order from Woodhenge Gardens this year, but they didn't have any available. It's supposed to be quite tall. I'm trying to incorporate more late bloomers in my gardens, too.

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.