(Tonny_Surrow) Tonny Surrow

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Tonny Surrow from Denmark passed away the first week of July. Tonny joined us in the early days of DG and was always an inspiration with his lovely brugmansias. He had a vast knowledge of this plant and was always happy to share what he knew. Many members have learned a great deal from him. Here is a link to his Brug blog: http://surrow-hansen.blogspot.com/

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."...Mahatma Gandhi

Losing one of our own is hard to do and we feel the loss of each and every one here in the Garden. Tonny helped us become an international community and his contributions will not be forgotten.

Thank you to scooterbug for sharing this lovely image with us for his Memory Thread.

Thumbnail by melody
Clifton Springs, Australia

I didn't know Tonny, but in the time I have been with DG, I have seen his name mentioned so many times in relation to his obviously beloved Brugmansias.....
Little bits of info referred to as "Tonny says"....he must have been a very giving person...
Vale Tonny.

A terrible loss ...we will miss you Tonny.
Heaven has another Master Gardener.

Thumbnail by
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

RIP Tonny..
you probed the mysteries of our Brugs... and shared their wonder with us all...
you were loved and admired for your work... your E-Book.. and JOY...
by me and the world wide community...
I wonder if there isn't something that can be done... to keep your E-Book in circulation...

This message was edited Jul 19, 2012 9:04 AM

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

A great loss to the brugmansia world. We will miss you Tonny.

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

One of my very first brugmansia/datura friends.
Many many thanks for all his contributions and friendship.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I enjoyed his posts about his puppies, too, especially the "dottings", his play on words about cuttings.

http://Davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/387890/?hl=Dottings

This message was edited Aug 19, 2012 12:45 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.