Anyone growing frankincense and myrrh

Sarasota, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm looking for information on growing both. Anyone have any luck with either?

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi.

It turns out you can grow frankincense in the US.

http://www.bendbulletin.com/article/20111213/NEWS0107/112130310/

Sylvain.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Interesting link. Thanks.

Wewahitchka, FL

I have grown myrrh before from seeds. Had one plant that got around 2 years old but when I moved up to the FL panhandle from South Central Florida it got too cold the first winter and killed it unfortunately. It had already fruited and made a handful of seeds by that time surprisingly. I got a second sprout from one seed i planted that eventually died off before even getting close to its parents size. Parent was like 3 ft tall with a weird side branching habit. Rather cool looking plant. Had a good handful of seeds but somehow never got around to planting them before they weren't viable any longer. Sad but my bad.

I sprout a single frankincense from seed and it was off to a good start. At some point an animal knocked over the container and I discovered it when it was too late. Pretty sure I started this plant at first in a humidity chamber. It was awhile back so not totally sure though.

Not really the most helpful info but it's aimed to encourage that it is possible to get these growing with dedicated attention. I'm always growing more than I seemingly can handle...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.