Summer production!

Union Grove, WI(Zone 5b)

Hi all!!! It's been such a HOT summer, way to hot to run the kiln (we've got a severe drought going on here in Wisconsin). We've spent much of our summer building fences...first a picket one to keep our 4 chickens out of my veggie garden, then more of a farm type fence to keep our chickens out of the neighbors yard.

I've got a lot of items glazed just waiting for it to cool down. But I have been going to pottery class and they've ran their kiln so I did manage to finish a few items and thought I'd share.

These are all Cone 6

#1: This is a plate made, we're arguing over which glazes I used (others want to repeat the combo); I really should write this stuff down!
#2: A small platter with handles, the pitcher I actually made a couple years ago but it matched so I photoed them together. The green color is Amoco brand Kiwi (I think) the brown is Amoco Oil spot (I think)
#3: These are tiny (like 4 inches tall) pitchers in various colors that I'll be giving to my co-workers for Christmas, they all live in other states so I must keep that shipping cost down! The one in the front has one of my favorite glazes on it; Coyote Gun Metal Green #4: A small (6 inch diameter maybe) plate, used rubber stamps to imprint the pattern; Glaze is Coyote Crazed Copper.
#5: A rooster plate also imprinted with rubber stamps; I used another favorite glaze on this one, Coyote Root beer

Hope you are all having a most excellent summer!

Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy
This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!