White container

Norridgewock, ME(Zone 5a)

I decided to try an all-white planter this year. It has Geranium 'Rocky Mountain White', Petunia 'Super Cascade White', Euphorbia 'Diamond Frost', Heliotrope 'Fragrant White'. The Euphorbia is kind of lost in there, I should maybe have put it in front. Overall, though, I was pleased with how it turned out. We'll see how it does by the end of the season, that is always the hard part.

Thumbnail by granitegneiss
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Very nicely done! granitegneiss. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Ocala, FL(Zone 9a)

Very pretty combo!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Nice job. Next year try something with a variegated leaf or vine. I have a vine that is green and white. It is a house plant but thy grow here in our courtyard and do not freeze. That is because we do not get that cold.

I can admire yours because white flowers in Las Vegas just gets eaten. Thanks for sharing. Sharon

Fabens, TX(Zone 8a)

Love the look, I have a pot of white petunia this is over two years old. The only petunia I have ever over wintered. Must say it is un belivable and the hummingbird moths just love it year after year. Keep up the beautiful work.

The Japanese Beetles just arrived , and I discovered they like petunias. They are going after the pink ones in a different container the most, but are nibbling the white ones too....sigh. Those of you who live where there are no Beatles, be grateful!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

The Japanese Beatles destroyed all my dicondra last year in the front landscape but I re-seeded and it is now coming back. Did not touch it in the back.

They eat all of the petunias so I quit trying. I did not know we had Japanese Beatles until I brought in a friend who is pretty savvy.

This message was edited Jul 10, 2012 10:49 PM

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Nice combo.The dycentra is a nice cool touch.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

That is a very lovely combo, Granite, and I love the choice of pot/colour for them!

This is my first year having any problems with Japanese beetles, but they haven't gotten to my Petunias... so far... that I have seen. Then again, I didn't know they like Petunias so I haven't looked very closely. I'll have to crawl around and take a closer look today. So far though, they don't look like they're getting eaten. (fingers crossed).

Dycentra? Is that what the trailing silver plant is? I couldn't find the tag for it so didn't list it. Looking up Dycentra, though, all I can find is Dicentra, which is bleeding heart, and it isn't that. Do you know some other name for it? Thanks

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

OOOPS its wrong sorry
Its Dicondra.

This message was edited Jul 12, 2012 9:49 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.