Is There Anybody Out There?

Sanbornton, NH

It has been over a week since I have seen a post from anyone. Did everyone decide to go on vacation at the same time?

Earle

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

I am here Earle.Just haven't had too much to say.I am battling a virus or something in my violets.
Lynn

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

LOL! I'm here but you're right, it's quite here. Some other forums are quiet too so don't worry! People are just doing other things at the moment!

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Vacation would be a paradise right now:))) I have a full plate right now but things will hopefully smooth out shortly.

Connie

I hope so Sis!

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Busy, busy, busy is all I can say...

A vacation would be nice but unfortunately won't be on the menu any time soon...

I'll post some July flowers in a pictures and chit chat thread.

Olaf

Sanbornton, NH

Thanks, folks! Happy to know I am not going deaf or blind. Not as sure about dumb .

Lynn, sorry to hear about the virus. I hope you beat it.

Earle

Thanks Earle ^_^ ! I am fighting hard.

Alum Bridge, WV

Some of us in the mid-Atlantic region were without electric power for two weeks or more. That might explaine why some of us have been quiet..............

Oh no Vadis! I am sorry to hear that.
Lynn

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Earle,I'm still alive and kicking,I think ^_^. Please show us some of your beautiful violet pictures.

Vadis,I hope your area is ok now?

Jan

Sanbornton, NH

Hi Jan,

Glad to hear you are alive and kicking. It is definitely the dog days of summer here. Lots of 90+ degree days this month. Unfortunately, not a whole lot in bloom at the moment. Just straightening up the plants and getting ready for repotting and such. A lot of plants seem to have developed necks since last year and they need to be chopped off and repotted. The bright spot has been the plants and leaves from the round robin. Lots of great growth there. I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer.

Earle

I hear you Earle.It has been 100+ for weeks except for 2 days in the 90's and no rain.My poor outdoor plants are really suffering,except strangely enough not my basket of Nemanathus.

Good to see you posting Sis!

Lynn

Sanbornton, NH

Hi Lynn,

Up here, we just look at your area on the weather map and are thankful we are only in the 90s. The dog and I still get out and walk...because we know we need to, but neither of us enjoys it much. The hot weather is supposed to break tomorrow night and I am looking forward to working in the garden on Thursday. Stay cool!

Earle

96 right now here where I am. 4th heat wave this year underway.

I think it's hot everywhere this year.We are always pretty hot in summer,but not like this year.McCook Nebraska actually reached 119 a few weeks ago.Those are desert temperatures!We have hit 107 3 times and that's bad enough.~
Lynn

High was 98 here today! Dew point in the mid 70's. It was BRUTAL today here. Finally some rain this afternoon but so far only 0.09" .

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

It hasn't been too unusual here in Chicago so far. Triple digit temps in June and July are not unheard of...

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Hello everyone.

Earle and tommyr2006, I've been watching the New England weather temps . I come from CT and RI. and can't believe whats been going on up there the last year or 2 unbelievable.Rain,flooding heat,snow.It seems never ending for you guys.Most of the mid and upper states are hotter than southern Alabama.But that will change soon.Crazy weather going on.

Earle,I'm glad your RR plants are growing good,Have fun repotting.I'm doing the same this week.

Hello Sista Lynn and Olaf.How are ya dude?

Sanbornton, NH

Hi Jan,

I am going to do my best to stall a couple of weeks on the rest of the repotting. Things cooled down Wednesday night, but are do to heat up again Monday and Tuesday.

Earle

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.