Life's A Beach

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

I have been so inspired by photo's I've seen on the internet lately. This is a beach I made today in an ice cream bowl (actually it's a margarita glass but I don't drink.;o) for less than $15. My bathroom is decorated in sea shells so it now sits on the bathroom windowsill.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2012 8:18 PM

Thumbnail by joycerogers0713 Thumbnail by joycerogers0713
Northern, NJ(Zone 6b)

Very clever and nicely designed. Love the little mug.
How did you get your inspiration?
Did you get the idea first and look for the objects or visa versa?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

How stinkin' cute is that???!!!
Where did you get all the accessories?

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Thank you ladies! I got the idea from www.landscapesinminiature.com. The glass stemware was given to me years ago and I never used it. The accessories came from grandmahollyshouse on ebay. (I searched ebay for "dollhouse miniature beach".) And www.miniature-gardening.com. My bathroom is decorated with a seashell shower curtain and I have a half shell I use as a soap dish. The windowsill holds coral and shells so it just fit to set it all off. I ordered a shovel/bucket with shells and starfish from LandscapesNMiniature on www.etsy but it hasn't come in yet.

I'm so glad ya'll liked it, Laney

PS I found the coffee mug on ebay and added the "Coffee" with dyed resin "water".

This message was edited Jul 7, 2012 12:54 PM

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

This is sooo cute. Makes me want to go on vacation, LOL.
I thought I'd share my "shell" garden with you.
The plants are called "starfish plants".

Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee
Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

dee, When I click on your pic it won't load. I'd appreciate someone letting me know if they're getting the same problem. My luck it's my computer. :o(

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

so cute!
I have no problems with the pic enlarging for me

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Grrrrr. Still won't show the pics. So frustrating. I love seeing other peoples creations.

Love this!!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Well hello there Kris! How are you and hubby doing? I hope everything is getting back to normal after y'all's move. I have sure missed our phone conversations and seeing you on here. Call when you get a chance.

I got an order in today from LandscapesNMiniature etsy site! I had only ordered the buckets and shovels but there was a mix up on their end and my order didn't get shipped so to make up for it Pam sent all the other things! Sand castle (which I love), tiny bottle of suntan lotion, extra small shells and a lovely baby abalone shell! She is easy to work with and is so talented!

Thumbnail by joycerogers0713 Thumbnail by joycerogers0713
Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi, I love this thread and frankly I may be stealing some ideas from this thread. I hope you don't mind.
A few years ago, I had a lady who is a fengshu i(chinese) expert come to my house and assess it. At that time, I had lot of art work in my bathrooms with 'sea' theme. She told me that if 'I feel like my money is being drained', then I should remove them from bathrooms but can keep it elsewhere in the house. So I did, and money came into my life. This is just an FYI. If you feel that money is being drained, then please don't keep aqua theme in the bathroom.

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Hi lovetropics, I'm glad you get ideas from these forums and feel free to copy them. I'm glad you feel fengshu has helped you tho I am not superstitious. I just decorate the way it makes me happiest.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Aaaawwww, love the beach scene in a glass!!! Laney, you find the coolest stuff!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Thanks Bev. I spend a good amount of time searching the web for minis and love every minute of it.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

I search for ideas to create minis and accessories myself, then don't have time to do all that I want. I would probably be better in the long run to just buy the goodies. I'd get a lot more done, lol!

Smiths, AL

Sorry I'm late on every thing between school going out side and showers and chores its all so hard I finally got a chance to get on lol I barly get to talk to my dad and nana lol so I'm thinking of going to nanas next break we get so every thing is beautiful sorry got to go gotta call nana and my dad byeee

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Just for fun, here's my "Wave" planter. Can you see what happened to the chair and beach ball?

Thumbnail by Sundownr
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

too cute!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Bev I think a storm came thru and took down the chairs and beach ball!

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Nope Laney, I'm sure it was that pesky wave!!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

A mini-tsunami!

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Yep, it trashed everything when I wasn't lookin', lol.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Great ideas everyone. It is so easy to become addicted to these minis! The coffee mug will be a nice addition to one of my future efforts! Thanks for all the ideas.
Here are a couple beachy ones I made last year. I crocheted the hammock and made the frame with wire.

I did make a couple additions but sold them without taking a photo. On the boardwalk one I found a little dog with a frisby in his mouth and placed him in the sand. In the other I added a smaller plant.

This message was edited Feb 24, 2014 3:55 PM

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr
Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Sooo cute, love 'em both!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks.

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

haighr they are both so cute!

West Monroe, LA(Zone 8a)

I just love all the tiny gardens, so cute. Now I think mine really can't be called tiny.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thank you, I've had a lot of fun making them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.