Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with "W"-"Z"

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

We're at the end. Whew!
Pictures of hostas that begin with “W”-“Z”. Please add yours and tell us something about them.

#1. 'Warwick Curtsey' - new spring 2006. A fast growing hosta.

#2. 'Wheee!" - new this year. A few leaves had gotten caught by the late frost we have, but new ones are developing and I think this will be an exciting hosta.

#3. 'Whirlwind' - one of my early hostas around 2000 or slightly before. A slow grower for me. I took a couple of divisions from it in 2011 and am growing one in a different location to see if it makes a different in growth. It does get more sun and, as a result, darkens more quickly.

#4. 'White Christmas' - new spring 2006. Have been lucky with this one to get a good amount of morning sun and it has grown well for me.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

#1. 'White Dove' - new spring 2008. Did not look good when I first received it, but it came round. Then a squirrel dug it up and left it to die. Fortunately, I found it in time, but I think it's still recovering even though that was a couple of years ago. This is a very small hosta.

#2. 'Wylde Green Cream' - new spring 2008. A sport of 'Vanilla Cream' which is nearly identical to 'Heart and Soul', also a VC sport. I suspect that VA sported in two different gardens simultaneously and two people registered nearly identical plants. I used to have HaS, but mine developed foliar nematodes and I destroyed it. And the division that was in my church garden died over the winter before I could get part of it back.

#3. 'X-rated' - new spring 2007. I love this enthusiastic mini. This one was also divided in 2011 and what I didn't sell, was replanted in 3 groups. You can still see them, but next year you won't.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.