New York, NY

I don't know if this belongs here or not but I need help. A beehive is in my bbq grill and I don't know what to do. After reading everything I am seeing that bees do not die in the winter so I can't wait until winter to try and get it out of there. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know this is not a garden problem but I am hoping someone can help. I don't want to throw my grill away. Thank you.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Is it a beehive, or a wasp nest? (I've noticed that a lot of people call wasps and yellow jackets "bees" so wanted to clarify what you're talking about) If it's bees, I'd see if you can find someone to come remove it so that the bees can be saved and relocated to a better place. Here's one place that came up when I googled bee removal in NYC but there are probably others too http://www.adkinsbeeremoval.com/nyc.php

If it's wasps, I'd wait until it's getting dark and they've calmed down for the evening then hit the nest (carefully) with wasp spray. You could also find pros to come take care of the wasps too if they make you nervous.

BUda, TX(Zone 8b)

If it's a gas grill & it is a wasp nest, wait until the evening and start the grill, more protein for the next bbq...

Bozeman, MT

Lol, Kevcar.

If it's bees, I would buy a new grill and hope they turn the old one into a permanent residence. :-)

You might try putting something on the Craigslist farm&garden listings for a backyard bee keeper to come get it for free so you don't have to pay someone.

This message was edited Jul 9, 2012 6:52 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.