Need Hibiscus Plants

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi, all,
I started going through the Trade Lists for Hibiscus plants and the whole process of contacting each individual is so unbelievably cumbersome I decided to simply post my request here and see what happens.

I'm totally revamping the entire front of my house and want to plant Hibiscus moscheutos plants. I already have a beautiful Pink Hardy Hibiscus, a Pink Hibiscus, and a Texas Star Hibiscus. Pretty much the basic plants, but I'm interested in blue, red, white, yellow, purple...pretty much all the available colors, including those gorgeous exotic looking multi-colored Hibs.

Willing to trade or pay for postage through USPS/PayPal.

I would be interested in plants, cuttings or seeds.

Please take a look at my large Trade List to see if there's anything you can use.

I look forward to hearing from you!

JoAnn

This message was edited Jul 3, 2012 9:38 AM

Thumbnail by frausnow Thumbnail by frausnow Thumbnail by frausnow
Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

When you say tropical hibiscus, do you mean Hibiscus rosa-sinensis? If so, they aren't hardy where you are.
The pink bloom in your first picture is a Hibiscus moscheutos, which is hardy, as I'm sure you know. I have the seeds of H. militaris that is very easy to grow. It gets about 6' in my garden and blooms from May until frost.
I'll go look at your trade list and see if there's anything I may be interested in.
Barb

Thumbnail by Beach_Barbie
Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Barb for the correction. I've edited my post to clarify what I'm interested in, which is the Hibiscus moscheutos. Is the h. militaris the same as the coccineus h. militaris? That's the Texas Star in the 3rd photo above.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

No it isn't, different species. I posted a picture of it in my message. The blooms are smaller, but more numerous.
Barb

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Woo, hoo! I just found a Lord Baltimore Hibiscus at my local nursery, Thyme After Thyme.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Sweet!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.