Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with "N and O"

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Pictures of hostas that begin with "N" and "O". Please add yours and tell us something about them.

#1. 'Nolan on Ice' - a seedling of 'Outhouse Delight' from 2008. Looked good the first couple of year, but not since. I may put it back in a pot and see what happens. Like its mother, it emerges all white, but it seems a bit larger.

#2. 'Obsession' - new spring 2007. I have NOT been obsessed with 'Obsession' and mostly divided it for plant sales this past year. However, I kept these two small divisions and at the moment, they look better than the plant every did for me. It might be a time when the location makes all the difference. For the moment, I'll keep them.

#3. 'OHS-Streaker' - new spring 2010. This unnamed streaked plant was a gift when my garden was on the Ontario Hosta Society bus tour. It's doing well.

This message was edited Jun 30, 2012 10:51 AM

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

#1. 'On Stage' - new August 2006. ALWAYS the last hosta to emerge in the spring. It's a real bright light in this dark location until mid-July when it greens up.

#2. 'Orange Marmalade' - new July 2009. A gift which has grown slowly, but it lovely to look at.

#3. 'Outhouse Delight' - new spring 2007. Not so sure about this one. Interesting when it emerges white. Then it gets sunburnt and then it gets full of holes. Sometimes the second flush of growth is rather pretty. But I think it may get moved first, but it's likely to be on the way out.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

This one was an impulse buy this summer.....crazy, because I have NO idea where I am going to put it. I guess I was fed up with the drawstringing on Barbara Ann and thought this might be a replacement for that.

Orion's Belt

Thumbnail by Noreaster
Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Ann!!!!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Doug.

Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday, Ann, indeed!! Like the pic on your profile, not sure if it was there before =)

Noreaster, your new plant looks quite large. Hope it turns out well as a replacement.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

This message was edited Jul 16, 2012 5:15 PM

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Eleven. I'll have to look and see what photo I've got on the profile. - Oh the Red Hat one. Don't wear that hat any more as our group decided to leave Red Hat International - too much money for too few benefits (for Canadians). We still wear the purple and call ourselves "Something Purple".

Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

#1. 'Nancy' - new this spring 2012. Color is supposed to be golden yellow. I got this one on a trip down to Ohio, so will have to see how it looks in the garden next spring. Pic 7/4/2012

#2. 'Night Before Christmas' - added summer 2008. Picked out by my husband, and I liked it at the time. Now I hate it =( The leaves grow in disarray, often split, and sometimes show rusty spots. Other people plant their showcase hostas in the front yard, whereas that's where my extras often go. This one is out front. Pic 7/4/2012

#3. 'Orange Marmalade' - added late spring 2010. Received as a small trade, and it's been slow to grow. Looked good this spring. Recently moved to a new bed where it will get less sun and heat. Pic 7/4/2012

Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I think 'Orange Marmalade' is one of the plants for which there is variation. Your margin is MUCH wider than mine.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Noreaster, love that 'Orion's Belt.' For me Orange Marmalade looks different all year depending on how much sun it is getting. A lot of sun makes it lighter, but I love the color when it first emerges in spring.

Happy belated birthday Ann!!!

Thumbnail by virginiarose
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

VERY belated, but thanks. :-) And yes, it's nice all year long.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.