Agastache mexicana pink orange color for My Rose of sharon

Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

Hi all, I am located in RI , and I joined this a year ago. My gardening skills are minimal, but interest in special beauty in flowers incredible.
My husband & I moved into a house with out any flowers, except one hydrangea. We started from scratch. Now 9 yrs later find we have plenty of things blooming in every corner, but I seem to find myself wanting more this year.

I just read about "Agastache mexicana"

http://www.logees.com/Hummingbird-Mint-Acapulco-Salmon-and-Pink-pp-Agastache-mexicana/productinfo/H8057-2/
and am interrested if anyone would like to trade anything in my have list. Feel free to contact me

Thanks,
Martha
Photos of some of our blooms and faves..

Thumbnail by ridoodles Thumbnail by ridoodles Thumbnail by ridoodles Thumbnail by ridoodles
Thomaston, CT

Sorry, I don't have any agastache....it's not hardy where I live....I have grown it as an annual, but it never gets very large....your Rose of Sharon are very pretty!

Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

Robin,
Sorry I haven't been back but thank you for the compliment. I find Rose of Sharon very easy. I gained all of mine though the years by cutting branches, and rooting them in water, then replanting in garden. They truly are so easy.
Martha

Thumbnail by ridoodles
Thomaston, CT

I have one large bush of white with a maroon center....however, this year a seedling from that bush bloomed a light lavender....I never used to grow them because I was a teacher & they reminded me school was starting! I've noticed they bloom earlier now.....

Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

Ronindog,
Oh yes they did bloom very early especially this year. Started last week in June and still in full bloom. Talk about all summer bloomming and they attract bees very well. These fortunatley are planted nowhere near the front door.

Thomaston, CT

No, mine is down the hill from the house, along with the butterfly bush, & hydrangea tree....that's always covered by bees!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I have lots of agastache... I am guessing you are looking for the salmon & pink?.. I can try rooting a cutting for you .. if you would like

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I have not tried that one before. That one was Tutti Fruiti. Really nice one, too. I loved it. I have had great success with A. foeniculum 'Golden Jubilee' and another one called 'Black Adder'.

Karen

Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

"One wish" Im sorry I havent been back here...did the cutting work by chance>? any color would be great..maybe I should wait until spring to do this..

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ugh.. too late.. I didn't take any .. and didn't bring it in.. sorry babe

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I have agastache 'Heatwave" that has survived one winter already, if it comes back next spring and has spread, i'll be able to share. These were taken Sept. 28th of this year.

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I will have some come spring.. never know which survive.. but the cold already put them to sleep

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I think this is the only one that has ever made it through a winter.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I have had great success with Agastache Apache Sunset.
Images #1-3# asr Apache sunset
#4 is Apricot Sprite

Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks Jo, i'll give that one a try!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I have had mine 5 years.I trim back in fall and deadhead they self sow. Like welldrained soil and are great thru a dry period.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I like the self sowing .. I leave em.. And cut them back when I see new growth in spring

Thomaston, CT

They love me & leave me after one season......

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I got a fantastic one in a co-op It bloomed its heart out and I hoped to see it again next summer but bigger.Summer Love .
Not good in my zone so return is doubtful

Thumbnail by ge1836
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Jo, that 'Apache Sunrise' is gorgeous, and so is 'Summer Love'. Good luck on that one. I hope it returns for you.

Karen

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I am hoping but wish I had checked the zone before I bought it

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.