Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with "L"

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Pictures of hostas that begin with "L". Please add yours and tell us something about them.

#1. 'Last Dance' - new spring 2007. Lovely plant that doesn't get too large. Similar colouring to 'Summer Breeze' which is related, but the leaf texture is quite different and it's smaller.

#2. 'Lemon Frost' - new spring 2007. Fast-growing mini. The frosting on the leaves varies. I've been dividing this one to make a border and have 5 clumps this large.

#3. 'Liberty' - new spring 2009. At stunner and a real showpiece in the garden.

#4. 'Limey Lisa' - new September 2005. Very fast-growing mini although I'm not wild about it. Last year when I divided it, I replanted in a group of single eyes.

#5. 'Little Red Rooster' - new spring 2007. Lovely mini with red legs.

This message was edited Jun 29, 2012 11:01 AM

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

More "L"s. My Lakeside hostas are our of alphabetical order because I label all my pictures as Lk_xxx. I'll put them at the end.

#1. 'Little Sunspot' - new spring 2007. This one emerges with solid green leaves which turn yellow in the centre later in the season.

#2. 'Little Treasure' - new July 2011. A perky little hosta.

#3. 'Lonesome Dove' - new spring 2008. This one isn't doing anything. Definitely a candidate to be removed.

#4. 'Lovely Leila' - a seedling from 2006. Parent unknown (the squirrels moved my markers in the winter), but it MAY be 'June'. Named after 2nd granddaughter. I like the leaf colour.

#5. 'Loyalist' - new spring 2006. A great little hosta.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Now, the Lakeside hostas.

#1. 'Lakeside Cranberry Relish' - new spring 2009. Nice little plant which has red petioles.

#2. 'Lakeside Cupcake' - new spring 2007. Looking good this year. But this one has been up to 2 eyes before and reverted back to 1. I was ready to get rid of it last year because the leaves were totally out of proportion large to the size of the plant.

#3. 'Lakeside Elfin Fire' - new spring 2007. A fast growing mini, but it did better when I had it in a pot. I tried to make a border from it, but it didn't really work; so for now, it has been regrouped but is still in the ground. I think I will move it back to a pot.

#4. 'Lakeside Mom' - new spring 2009. LOVE the colour of this one. Am hoping for some seeds from it.

#5. 'Lakeside Mom' bloom

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

#1. 'Lakeside Reflecting Glass' - new this year. The streaked version of 'Lakeside Looking Glass'. Interesting to see how this one does.

#2. 'Lakeside Shore Master' - new spring 2007.

#3. 'Lakeside Zinger' - new spring 2006. A mini which is fast growing and forms a very dense mound. In 2011, it was completely divided and replanted in 3 groups and immediately looked as full as before division. I also had an eye which appeared to be sporting to 'Lakeside Zing Zang', but it didn't come back in 2012.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

1. Lakeside April Snow

2. Love Pat

Thumbnail by Noreaster Thumbnail by Noreaster
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Love the 'Love Pat' surrounded by ferns.

Ottawa, Canada

I'm really liking 'Lakeside Contender' planted last year to brighten this part of my garden. LC is faring relatively well under my spruce trees.

This message was edited Jul 3, 2012 12:58 PM

Thumbnail by irawon
Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

#1. 'Lakeside Black Satin' - added late summer 2011. Love the dark green leaves. Can't wait for this one to grow. Pic 7/4/2012

#2. 'Lakeside Black Satin' - pic from another garden that shows how I hope mine looks in a few years. Pic 7/7/2012

#3. 'Lakeside Hoola Hoop' - added spring 2011. Like the green and yellow/cream contrast along with the ruffly leaves. Pic 7/4/2012

#4. 'Lakeside Shore Master' - added spring 2009. Nice looking hosta that grows well. Pic 7/4/2012.

#5. 'Lakeside Storm Watch' - added late summer 2011. Waiting to see how this one does. Not the best pic, but I'm interested in the dark leaves. Pic 7/4/2012

Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven
Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

#1. 'Lemon Lime' - added spring 2010. Little hosta. Not that exciting. Pic 512/2012

#2. 'Liberty' - added spring 2011. Gorgeous hosta. Hope mine grows this year. Pic 7/4/2012

#3. 'Little Patriot' - added spring 2010. A blah little green and white that I got added to a trade. Pic 7/4/2012

#4. 'London Fog' - added spring 2011. Very interesting when it emerges in the spring. Pic 5/6/2012.

#5. 'London Fog' - here's how it looked recently. Pic 7/4/2012.

Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven
Oquawka, IL(Zone 5a)

I moved my Lakeside Storm Watch this year, and it's still pouting! I do hope it comes back okay next year. It was a very vigorous little plant up until I moved it...Your plants all look very happy!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.