Colorado Springs Fire

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

At this time, I ask for good thoughts, prayers, and any influence any of you might have with Mother Nature for the people out in Colorado Springs. My sister and her family, hubby, daughter, 3 cats, one irked Pomeranian and 15 wedding gowns, had to evacuate to Denver Tuesday night from their Colorado Springs neighborhood. As of this writing, they are saying the fire is about 15% contained, and the authorities have pulled back the mandatory evacuation perimeter to east of the main boulevard in their neighborhood. they live just west of this perimeter still inside the area. So far, the fire has not come down that far and we're hoping and praying it has burnt itself out in that area. But one never knows with these things. But over 300 families lost their homes, and so far they are sure of one death.
I am in daily touch with my sister and she and her family are all well and are able to get to work in the areas of Colorado Springs that were not evacuated. I ask you all to pray for some rain!
Thanks,
Martha

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

praying

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I've been watching it on the news, just terrible. You've got the prayer's Martha!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Been praying for rain...adding your family.

I do want to ask...15 wedding gowns?

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Lol
My sister is a seamstress and this is high wedding season.
Martha

lol I was wondering. The whole earth needs to calm down.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

praying for your sister and my cousin. My cousin has evacuated too. She lives near the Academy.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thought something like that, maybe owned a dress shop. Hope they stay safe.

Thomaston, CT

Praying for good news for their home.......

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Here's the latest. They estimate the fire is 45% contained as of yesterday. The mandatory evacuation order for their neighborhood was lifted yesterday morning and my sister, her hubby, her daughter, 3 cats, a less miffed Pomeranian, 2 sewing machines (I only found that out this morning), and 5 or so wedding gowns got to go back home this morning. The next giant disaster she had to deal with was cleaning out the fridge and freezer, but that's done now and the cats are settling back down.The fire did not cross the highway nearest the edge of her neighborhood. She lives southeast of the hardest hit Mountain Shadows area. There was no damage to her neighborhood. We are so thankful. Thanks to all of you for your good thoughts and prayers.
Martha

Thomaston, CT

Wonderful news!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Great news!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yippee!! So glad to hear this!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.