Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with "H"

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Pictures of hostas that begin with "H". Please add yours and tell us something about them.

#1. 'Halcyon' - one of my earliest hostas and a slow grower for me.

#2. 'Halcyon' - another division of the same plant. I divided them a few years ago to see if if would grow faster in a different location. NO!

#3. 'Hands Up' - new this spring. Said to be a version of 'Praying Hands' with a wider margin. It's also pretty small. We'll see if that changes.

#4. 'Harpoon' - new spring 2008. I like the free-form of this plant.

#5. 'Heavenly Tiara' - new Spring 2011. Seems to be a lot slower growing that its cousin 'Grand Tiara'. I like the different colour of it.

This message was edited Jun 29, 2012 6:54 AM

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

#1. 'Hidden Cove' - new spring 2008. A nice mini, but susceptible to slugs.

#2. 'High Society' - new spring 2008. After a slow start, this one is doing very well. I'm very fond of it. Like its cousin, 'Remember Me', the leaves emerge with yellow centres.

#3. 'Holy Mouse Ears' - new spring 2009. This one is struggling.

#4. 'Hope' - new spring 2003. Another of the 'Baby Bunting' sports and one of the better growers. It's recovering from a set-back a few years ago when it got waterlogged in a planter.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

Heatwave

Thumbnail by Noreaster
Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

#1. 'Halycon' - added spring 2009. Hasn't grown since I got it. Pic 6/19/2012

#2. 'Halcyon' - new this spring 2012. Impulse buy from a nursery because it was HUGE compared to mine. Hope it stays happy. Pic 6/5/2012

#3. 'Hanky Panky' - added spring 2010. Really like the markings on this one. Has stayed small but looks better this year. Pic 6/15/2012

#4. Hillier Blue - added spring 2011. I hate calling this one a noid, but I got it in a trade from someone who couldn't remember the name other than "a blue by Hillier." Might get rid of it in a couple years, if I need space. Pic 5/6/2012

#5. 'Hyacinthina' - came with the house, so pre-dates 2008. I used to think this was just another green (and it kind of is) but the color is a really solid dark greyish green that makes other hostas look good. I got rid of my extra but decided to keep this one in a hot dry spot that would be difficult for something new. Pic 6/24/2012

Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.