Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with "G"

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Pictures of hostas that begin with "G". Please add yours.

#1. 'Gemini Moon' - new Spring 2008. Has been a fast grower for me and was a hi-light when my garden was on the Ontario Hosta Society tour 2 years ago. Was divided in 2011 and it snot quite back to full size.

#2. 'Ghost Spirit - new Spring 2008. I like the misty leaves, but don't always see them in this climate.

#3. 'Ginko Craig' - one of my early hostas. I had a full border of them as it's easy to divide, but I've been whittling away at it to make more space for other things.

#4. 'Gold Drop' - new September 2005. Mine doesn't show gold until later in the summer and never really gets gold - just a golden hue to the green leaves.

#5. 'Golden Tiara' - maybe. new with my 'Gemini Moon' Spring 2008. These two little plants were growing at the edge of my GM. I separated them in 2011 and they MIGHT be 'Golden Tiara'

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

#1. 'Grand Prize' - new July 2011. This sport of 'Grand Tiara' is doing well. I believe it will stay smaller than its parent.

#2. 'Grand Tiara' - new July 2007. VERY fast growing, small hosta. This divides easily too and would make a good border hosta.

#3. 'Great Expectations' - one of my early hostas. It gores slowly, but is looking good.

#4. 'Green Eyes' - new July 2010. A fast-growing mini hosta.

#5. 'Gypsy Rose' - new Spring 2009. I had a lovely earlier version of this which had HVX. This one has never grown well for me and has had strange leaves all along. I think I'll give it up to a plant sale next year.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

1. Gemstone- super fast grower, not as slug resistant as I was hoping. New last year

2. Golden Friendship- should be a large gold cupped one at maturity. Been slow for me, but started with a very small plant

3. Guardian Angel- Flat habit. Keeps pretty good variegation for me in the shade in my climate

Thumbnail by Noreaster Thumbnail by Noreaster Thumbnail by Noreaster
Fairchild, WI

1st: 'Ginrie'
2nd: 'Good Golly Miss Molly'
3rd: Green Wedge with color
4th: 'Green Wedge'
5th: 'Guardian Angel'

Thumbnail by Johnny_x Thumbnail by Johnny_x Thumbnail by Johnny_x Thumbnail by Johnny_x Thumbnail by Johnny_x
Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

#1. Ginsu Knife - added spring 2011. Purchased after I *thought* I saw a huge one in someone's collection. Hoping for more growth this year since I moved it out from the crabapple tree. Pic. 6/15/2012

#2. Gold Standard - came with the house, so pre-dates 2008. A really nice looking old hosta. Has the coloration that went on to several of its sports but without the corrugation at maturity. Pic 6/19/2012

#3. Golden Scepter - added spring 2010. Has survived a couple attempts to kill it. Waiting to see what happens this year. Pic 5/24/2012

#4. Golden Tiara - added spring 2009. Impulse buy from the nursery because it was growing so well. I divided it a couple years ago, and you can't tell at all. Pic 6/19/2012

#5. Grand Canyon - added spring 2010. Patiently waiting for this one to really grow. Love the large size, bright color, deep veins, and rippled edges. Pic 6/27/2012

Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven
Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

#1. 'Grand Prize' - new this spring 2012. Pic 6/15/2012

#2. 'Guacamole' - added spring 2009. Grows well. Hate the floppy leaves and haphazard growth form. Pic 5/30/2012

Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.