Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with "D and E"

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Pictures of hostas that begin with "D" & "E". Please add yours.

#1. 'Dancing With Leila' - 2009 seedling of H.'Last Dance'. This is a dead ringer for a related plant, 'Dance With Me'. I've named it for my 2nd granddaughter.

#2. 'Déjà Blu' - Spring 2007. This has grown well for me but has never shown the white "lightening bolt" that it's supposed to have.

#3. 'Diana Remembered' - new July 2004. Grows well and has spectacular white flowers.

#4. 'Dixie Chickadee' - new July 2011. This is a very small plant.

#5. 'Dorset Clown' - new spring 2012. Love the streaks.

This message was edited Jun 28, 2012 10:17 AM

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

'Dragon Tails' - a very tiny hosta that I need to move into a container. It did better when it was in a container. Please excuse the mud. Mulch is coming this weekend.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Oops. Forgot to add this one. For some reason I don't have a pic from Tuesday. Picture from June 12.

'Emerald Ruff Cut' - new spring 2009, it has done well, but lost several leaves to a late frost after our very early spring this year.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

1. Delta Dawn- poor thing still struggling to recover from being cut back in 2010 after hail. Not slug resistant at all

2. Emerald Ruff Cut- looking not as hideous at it usually does, but there is still time for that

3. Elegans- really scorched this year with a sudden heatwave

Thumbnail by Noreaster Thumbnail by Noreaster Thumbnail by Noreaster
Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

Deep Blue Sea- nice color and corrugation developing

Thumbnail by Noreaster
Fairchild, WI

1st: 'Darwin's Standard'
2nd: 'Dixie Chickadee'
3rd and 4th: 'Double D Cup'
5th: not one of my pics ... but one of my favorite hosta pictures ... 'Empress Wu' with Brian Skaggs

Thumbnail by Johnny_x Thumbnail by Johnny_x Thumbnail by Johnny_x Thumbnail by Johnny_x Thumbnail by Johnny_x
Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

#1. 'Dancing Queen' - new this spring 2012. Love the bright color, deep veins, and rippled margins. Pic 6/19/2012

#2. 'Dixie Chickadee' - added spring 2010. Cute little hosta that doesn't need coddling. Like the shiny leaves. Pic 6/15/2012

#3. 'Dragon's Eye' - added fall 2011. Love the purplish petioles and soft, grey sheen to the leaves. Pic 6/19/2012

#4. 'Dream Queen' - added spring 2011. Same size as last year. Waiting to see if it will grow for me. Pic 6/19/2012

Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven
Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

#1. 'Earth Angel' - added summer 2011. Nice color combination. Should grow large. Pic 6/19/2012

#2. 'El Nino' - added spring 2011. Nice blue and the margins are very white. A lot of people comment that this is a hard one to place in the garden, so I moved mine next to First Frost. Pic 6/15/2012

#3. 'Elvis Lives' - added early spring 2011. Impulse purchase at the nursery because it looked happy and was cheap. Good grower so far. Sorry no more recent pics, keeping forgetting. Pic 5/6/2012

Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven Thumbnail by Eleven

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.