Fieldguide Wildflowers in Poland

Gdynia, Poland

Greetings from a new member. I am hoping that someone who lives in central europe may be able to help. I have just moved to Poland from South Africa and am thrilled by the new floral kingdom both in wild places and in parks and gardens.

I am spending a lot of time in the forests and countryside on my bicycle and am frustrated by not being able to identify the local wildflowers and plants.

Can any kind hearted central european recommend a field guide - it could be in english or polish (which I am currently learning). I would most appreciate it.

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

There's quite an extensive reference to what you may be looking for in the Dave's Garden Plantfile listed in the "Guides and Information" heading above. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask someone. Most everyone around here is friendly and easy to ask if you need help.

Al

Tuscany - Italy, Italy(Zone 9a)

Hi,

Among other books I use this :
Flowers of Europe: A Field Guide by Oleg Polunin,
anyway it seems to me that usually books about British Isles cover all Europe even some Mediterranean plant.
About birds surely Peterson R., Monfort G., Hollom P. !

Angelo

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Blamey et al., The Illustrated Flora of Britain and Northern Europe is worth getting - Poland is at the eastern edge of its coverage, but the vast majority of Poland's flora should be in.

Quote from angel_orto :
About birds surely Peterson R., Monfort G., Hollom P. !

By far the best for birds is Collins Bird Guide, 2nd edition, by Svensson, Mullarney & Zetterström. Vastly better than Peterson et al.

Resin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.