Early Summer Blooms

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

It has been raining here everyday for what seems like forever. All my roses are budded, but no blooms yet. I bought a new hybrid tea rose that was on sale. Sunny Daze by Pan Am. Tag says the colour won't fade, so we will see. It has a strong fragrance and should bloom continuous.

Very pretty and nice straight upright growth.

Here's a few pictures of the yard. Sure wish we could get some sunny days. next week should be very colourful. I had a tree peony for over 5 years and it finally bloomed this year. Don't know the variety, but was pleased with the bloom being pink

This message was edited Jun 23, 2012 10:03 AM

Thumbnail by joannabanana Thumbnail by joannabanana Thumbnail by joannabanana Thumbnail by joannabanana Thumbnail by joannabanana
Calgary, Canada

Your yard and flowers are an inspiration! Joanne.
Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks Caroline!

Here's a few more pictures on a wet day

Thumbnail by joannabanana Thumbnail by joannabanana Thumbnail by joannabanana Thumbnail by joannabanana Thumbnail by joannabanana
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Love this Monkey flower

Thumbnail by joannabanana
Calgary, Canada

I like it too!
Where did you get the seeds?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I didn't start those this year. I bought it at Vale's

Still raining!! Here's some pictures from inside looking out.

Calgary, Canada

Thanks, Joanne.
Your yard is one of the few where the view is beautiful from inside and outside the yard.
So many people just do strips against the house.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Joanne super yard as always! Caroline's comment on the stripes is so true.
Nice Mimula. I have some that I direct seeded from saved seeds that should be splotched like that. Caroline I could save you seeds for next year. Will post photo's when they flower to see if you like them they will be mixed for sure.
Alberta Ann

Calgary, Canada

Thank you that would be nice.
I forgot to get any mimulus going this year.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Lovely pics. Thanks for sharing.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Very nice , All those lovely blooms give life to a garden on a dreary day. I love that peonie!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

A month later. Everything sure grew a lot when we were on vacation. Front Yard

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

more front yard

Thumbnail by joannabanana Thumbnail by joannabanana Thumbnail by joannabanana
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Welcome to the back yard

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

More Back Yard

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Veggies & Herbs

Calgary, Canada

Beautiful! I love the groupings of the beautiful containers.

Himrod, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh My, it must have rained up your way. Beautiful.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Gorgeous, I wish my basket were as full as your. You're definitely doing something right, very lush!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks all! We had a cool wet May and June. It really didn't get very warm until early July and that's when we went camping for 2 weeks. The girl that I hired for watering did an extremely good job. Everything is doing great and I have her to thank.

burn_2007
Most of my baskets are originally bought as a 10" or 12" combo. I simply repot them into a bigger pot. I use Smart Cote slow release fertilizer 14-14-14 and Premier ProMix BX potting soil.

I wrote an article on creating big balls of colour. If you are interested in seeing it, send me a dmail.

Thanks for posting all those pics of your lovely yard. Lots of work, but so worth it when it looks like that.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thank for the info Joanne. Is the article you wrote, the one in your journal on DG? There was some really good info in that one.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No, it's a different one (article)

Calgary, Canada

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of touring Joanne's garden.
It is even more beautiful than the pictures.
Everything is grown really well and healthy.
Her artistic sense is every where!
She also has a good sized vege patch with more amazing plants.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks Caroline,

I'm glad that I had a little garden tour on Sunday since it a mess now. Bad hail storm last night. There was still hail along one fence this morning. Made a mess of the veggies. Few dints in the car too

Thumbnail by joannabanana Thumbnail by joannabanana Thumbnail by joannabanana
Calgary, Canada

Your plants were so healthy that I think that they will recover.
The hail seemed to be localized in south east Calgary.
My daughter got hit too.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Joanne how disheartening! I think there is still time for a recovery through August!
Alberta Ann

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Let's hope so.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.