Curvy bed changes from May to June

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Here is a long curvy bed I have in my front yard. The first 2 pictures are from May 13th. The second 2 pictures are the same bed on June 18th. Quite a difference from May 13th when all the iris were blooming. Now the lilies and daylilies are starting to take over along with some of this and that. lol Can't wait til all the daylilies get going. They're not really the fanciest ones, but I still think they're pretty.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl Thumbnail by Sherrygirl Thumbnail by Sherrygirl Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

They are all beautiful photos and you have a lovely garden there, Sherry. The third photo is SO gorgeous. I love the color echoes of the lilies and the barberry! Terrific.

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Thanks so much pirl. Coming from you, it means a lot because your gardens are to DIE for!!!

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Here's a group of lilies on the back side of the island. I just LOVE them.

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I can see why you love them! I have the same ones but not backed up with a Japanese maple!

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, wow! How gorgeous! Love your garden!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Breathtaking pics! I've never seen a barberry get that large. We had those at our former home and the current homeowners took them out so theire kids wouldn't get hurt by them. They were in a wide flowerbed and I'm thinking, what are the kids doing stepping in the flowerbeds in the first place, unless a ball accidently went there?

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous Sherry! I love looking at your garden shots - inspiring.

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Wow! Thanks everyone! Almost a month and here is the same curvy bed. Quite a change of colors. Funny how you don't realize the dramatic color differences until you start looking at pictures!
Sherry :)

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl Thumbnail by Sherrygirl Thumbnail by Sherrygirl Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Just beautiful, Sherry! And so colorful. Don't those red barberries go so well with evergreens.

Dearborn, MI(Zone 5b)

It's a happy garden. Love how the colors just keep coming.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.