Hydrangea bouquet

Oakland, CA(Zone 9b)

"Endless Summer" hasn't been a great performer for me, some of due to just bad luck. I didn't realize that it prefers a little more sun than some of the other hydrangeas - one has to be careful here in CA, a lot of "full sun" plants will burn! I only could find two for sale, and unfortunately one croaked when we were gone on a trip and an unusual heat wave dried out the garden bed it was in.

Still, this one has survived, and done pretty well. With it is a Princess variety white dwarf alstroemeria. I really like this alstroemeria, but unlike a lot of plants, when it says dwarf, it MEANS dwarf. A flower stem is only 8-10" tall. It grows in a neat rounded clump, getting slowly bigger over time, and has beautiful white-edged variegated leaves.

Thumbnail by jkom51
Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

just now seeing your post...so pretty! Both hydrangeas and alstroemerias are personal favorites. I've only tried to grow alstroemerias once though and I didn't have much luck. I've bought them many times for cut flower arrangements and really like the fact that they last so long. It must be nice to grow your own.

Happy Gardening!
Diana

Thumbnail by wind
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Endless Summer was one of MANY plants I had to leave behind when I sold our place in Boise Idaho. I am slowly buildimg aain flower garden again in my new home of 3 years.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.