Mojito Hosta - Anyone growing this Hosta?

Anoka, MN

I just bought a Mojito Hosta and I don't know much about it. What I've seen at the various Hosta sites is that its a medium to large hosta that is a sport of Guacamole or Avacado depending on what site you visit. I'm looking for someone on Dave's Garden that has some experience with this hosta and can give me their impressions - and some ideas as to placement and space requirements.

Oquawka, IL(Zone 5a)

I do have it! I bought it from a coop in 2009, and planted it on my hillside bed in 2010. It seems to be a decent growing plant, but it must not be a hosta that screams "Look at me!" because I haven't even noticed it this year. I had to go searching for it to get a picture, and then check my records to information for you. I have it in a spot that is pretty deep shade.

Rose

Thumbnail by Rose1656
Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

I don't have this cultivar, but here's the info from the registry:

'Mojito' M. Zilis (OIR) M. Vanous (N) 2009
Plant: 44 in. (112 cm) diameter, 20 in. (51 cm) high; mound-like; fast.
Leaf: 10 in. (25 cm) long, 7 in. (18 cm) wide; 12 to 13 pairs of veins; medium green; flat; very shiny on top; very shiny underneath; moderately wavy; ovate; rounded base;
Scape: 36 in. (91 cm) long;
Flower: 3 in. (8.12 cm) long; tubular;
Seed: sets pod;
Clump History: the original sport obtained from t.c.; 3 yrs old; Rochelle, IL;
[sport of H. 'Avocado']

I do have Guacamole, which sported Avocado. It is a fast grower that can take some sun here in Michigan and does well in summer's heat. It's also fragrant, so Mojito probably is.

Anoka, MN

Eleven and Rose 1656 --- Thank you for your feedback. I have more info now then before. Rose thank you for picture!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.