Plantogram.com

Harlingen, TX

Has anyone here personally ordered from them before? I have read that they had great plants and customer service. I recently ordered a tree from them but my order status has said 'pending' since I placed the order on June 12th. How long did it take you to receive your oder? I'm not that impatient ;) just curious.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I don't know anything about that company, but I wouldn't worry (at least not yet) about an order that you only placed just a couple days ago. Even companies that are able to ship plants right away will typically ship only on Mon/Tues because otherwise the plants end up sitting in a hot UPS warehouse over a weekend, and an order placed on the 12th would have been very unlikely to make it into this week's shipment even if they're one of the places that's able to fill orders right away. Many mail order nurseries will take longer than that to ship because they can only get so many orders shipped in any given week.

Harlingen, TX

Well it depends on how they shipped it. 1 or 2 day shipping would have been in today or tomorrow (says they use USPS) but what you said makes sense. I know of several places that only ship on Mondays so that could be why.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Most places don't do 1 or 2 day shipping unless you specifically request it and pay extra for it :) And if they use USPS, the best they can really do is Priority Mail which is 2-3 days so it still would have been pushing it to get it out this week even if they're one of the places that has capabilities to get things out quickly after you order it. If you need the plant on a particular timing, you could poke around on their website and see if they say anything about how quickly things typically ship or else email them and ask about how quickly things normally ship out.

Harlingen, TX

Yeah thats true, I have shipped a lot through priority mail and its almost always two days but thats for various smaller packages not six foot boxes haha. I did actually email to ask and just said I was curious about the status of the order but I never heard anything back. Oh well, patience is a virtue right?

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Have you received your plants yet? Curious what you got and what kind of condition they were in. They have some very neat plants, according to their website.

Harlingen, TX

Yes, I just got them in today! They are healthy looking plants, not as full as I was expecting but healthy and both were 5 feet tall. I ordered a Jamaica cherry and I got a free Surinam Cherry. The strawberry tree (Jamaica cherry, or Muntingia Calabura) has fruit on it and I even got to eat one today and it was pretty tasty.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.