OLD, NEW, BORROWED, BLUE GIFTS TO VIEW

(Judy) Simpsonville, SC(Zone 8a)

Here is a photo of the box that I sent Garden Quail.
Old: old-fashioned cocktail napkins with antique type print
New: Necklace
Borrowed: CD copied from one of mine, instrumental flutes, nature sounds
Blue: T-shirt from my home state of South Carolina

Thumbnail by scbuttercup
(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

My buddy's box WILL be going in tomorrow's mail! I had a great idea for "Borrowed" - finally!

I truly apologize to my buddy. It will be boxed tonight and in tomorrow's mail via Priority. I've tried to recompense for my slacking!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

can someone direct me to that Likes/dislikes place.? I have been there, but am not able to find it . If you send me the link, tell me how to find it in case I lose the link again??!!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

(((Joy))) Lucy was a beautiful Girl and lived an extraordinary long life. Letting go is never easy and from having the pleasure to meet Lite, much more well-behaved than many children I've encountered, it's obvious how much all your working Dogs mean to you. My heart still goes out to you losing such a faithful, long-time companion.

Kathy, we have matching watering cans now, although mine's not old in the greater scheme of things.

Here ya go, Crystal: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1157183/
If you need to find the thread again, click on deejay9's name, then the threads she's started, and scroll down to 'A Few Of My Favorite Things'.

Box is on its way! Hopefully they won't bring it back to the house (had that happen once before)

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

I am sorry tp sat that it appears that Martha, ridoodles, is not answering her dmails. She received a lovely package from Joyce and had already sent her package to Crystal so we wish her well and hope that she comes back soon.

Joyce, can you tell us what you sent her?

Joy

This message was edited Jul 26, 2012 10:30 PM

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I sure hope everything is ok for her. Always worry when someone is missing.

I sent
A blue beach towel my something new to her
A blue solar light my blue to her
A big garden book I found at a garage sale my old to her
A kitchen scrubber made by a friend of mine my borrowed to her
rofl this is from memory so....rofl

uh oh, not good...looked at the tracking info and it says "Out for delivery" -...yesterday. And today's is "delivery status not available".

Egad.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Carey, hopefully your buddy has received her box and just hasn't had a chance to post yet.
I, too, hope all is well with ridoodles and that she can check in again soon.
Judy, thanks for posting the pic for me :)
Crit, hope you're feeling better soon!
Have a great week, everyone!
Michelle

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Carey...just to set your mind at ease, deer hate iris....and boy oh boy am I glad........wish they hated lilies as much....
pix is a new lily, bloomng on the porch. I'll be planting soon, atleast I got to see it bloom once.....
forever hopeful, Kathy....

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Thanks Kathy! Of course, the deer here don't know what they're not supposed to like!

I've had them eat "deer resistant"...cast iron plant, agapanthus, crinums, yarrow, bougainvillea, pelargoniums, etc.

Thankfully, they've avoided the peruvian daffodils so far...but then, those haven't bloomed yet either. That seems to be when they decide to taste test. (right now, their favorites are my begonias and mandevilla that are right by my front door on my porch. The doggies in the window don't scare them in the least!

Delivery status still not updated from Thursday night. Guess I need to call. :(

I'm guessing no one found a box on their porch today? :(

I have not received a box yet, am I the last one?

Well, thankfully it shows my box finally arrived in the right town...here's hoping it goes out today.

Of course, not within the boundaries set by the USPS clan for "priority". Phooey. Guess I need to go call them again. :/

Carey, I forget which swap it was for well over a year ago, but I Priority Mailed two boxes to my buddy on the same day. One took the usual 2-3 days and the other one took an entire week. Go figure.

We're in the proverbial boat together, Judy, unless your box was delivered today. Not worried a bit for either of us since everyone here is reputable. Stuff happens sometimes that makes us late sending. I still haven't mailed my July plant swap yet and the month is almost over.

Fruity, according to the post office email, there was a package delivered today. I sure hope my buddy is home to open it, and that everything made it safe.

Oh I do too :)

You know, this was one of the most challenging swaps I've ever been in and really hope, Joy, you'll make it an annual event. Meant to mention earlier that I'm thinking about Martha / ridoodles too and hope all is well with her. Every DG member, not just paid subscribers, have access to their D-mails.

Canton, IL(Zone 5a)

Hey I just wanted to let everyone know that my box arrived today. I have been out of commission for a couple of weeks so my outgoing box is going in the mail Weds (the 1st). Sorry for the delay and I will get pics up sometime today. This is my last swap, also.

Susan, there are several of us who didn't quite get things out on time. Did everything make it okay? I tried to put things in the box that you would like/enjoy.

Canton, IL(Zone 5a)

Yes, Carey, it all arrived in one piece! Pics coming soon :)

Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

Sorry this is late but I did receive a lovely box of super gifts from Joyce "Happy Garden"..Thank you Joyce..
The something Old was a very large garden book full of wonderful ideas for planning gardens..a great resource I will treasure as I do not have many garden books yet...
The something New was a wonderful solar garden light that now sits in my front garden, looks great at night.
The something Borrowed was a really nice handmade crochet scrubber that really works well..She should market these Joyce, I would purchase more...if you could let her know for me....I will post photos soon of all the gifts..
and the something Blue was a wonderful large pretty blue beach towel as she read my post and really honed in to what I had wrote...
and she added an extra which was a wonderful beach scene wind chime which adorns my under deck by the pool area.
Wonderful Wonderful things , very well done Joyce, I thank you for your gifts you sent my way..it was worth the wait, for sure..
:-)

Glad you recvd them and nothing was damaged always a worry.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Can't wait to see the pictures of your items!

Great box Happ! Can't wait to see pictures! :)

Canton, IL(Zone 5a)

Here is a pic of my box of goodies :)

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g358/susanl61520/2012-08-04_12-17-10_561.jpg

This message was edited Aug 6, 2012 1:26 PM

Susan, I guess this was before your daughter appropriated the notepad? :)

OK, we have four folks still waiting on their boxes and I only have one person's reason for lateness.
Please let me know if I am wrong here:

Fruity (her partner has contacted both her and me, thanks)
Jax jsxtiger I have not heard from her nor have had her answer any of my dmails. Anyone?
Judy scbuttercup
LK taters55

With the exception of Jax, every sender (to these ladies) has already received a package in this swap. The mail out was July 4th, it is now August 6. I feel terrible since I am the hostess of this swap and it is my responsibility to run it smoothly. If you have not mailed your package yet, please contact me immediately and tell me why. If I missed someone and they did receive a package please let me know. If Jax is not participating perhaps we can do a work around, but we need to get this swap finished! I really thought it would be a great idea but apparently I was wrong and won't offer this swap again.

Joy

Pacifica, CA

:(

I'm truly sorry it didn't work out Joy. Well intentioned, and a great subject that made us all think!

I received my box today from Jax. It included seeds, a blue bag, a miniature red white and blue pitcher set and some candles. Not sure but guessing the candles were something old, pitcher set was new, seeds were borrowed and the bag was something blue. Thank you Jax. Camera issues, will not be able to do a photo right now.

Canton, IL(Zone 5a)

Carey- she let me borrow it for the pic. lol

If i need to send to someone else, let me know please

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

This was a great idea for a swap and I sure enjoyed it, but I understand your frustration with not finishing it up, Joy. i think I would feel the same.
Makes me wonder if some of these people are sick or in crisis. Or maybe they are just forgetful like I am sometimes. More the reason to do things quickly, at least for me!
Kris (Mud_elf) is having a bad time physically right now. She has several problems all convening on her at once, high cholesterol, Thyroid, and kidney problems. I am sure she would appreciate hearing from any of you who know her. Or any who just want to reach out.

Does Elfie still check in here (DG)? Should we send snail mail?

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Elfie, checks in once in awhile on the Birthday thread.

This is not the only swap, with late pressies, sometimes life gets in the way, but they seem to come through at the end.

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

dont beez too upset, rouxcrew! i apologiz fer me lateness, but twas out of me control! tis been bad year start fer me....everythin seemed ta go wrong since feb. i admit, have not had time ta follow thread........but i thought i did answer your mail. tis so sorry ta evryone fer holding ya up!

edit ta say..........now i see me box got there........hope ya liked it!

This message was edited Aug 7, 2012 11:49 AM

Jax we have all been so worried about you! Missed the parties you always throw and your delightful charm! LOL. Glad to mark you among the living.

Joy

Joy, You're the first Hostess I can think of in all the exchanges I've been in who made us think outside the box, so to speak, and challenged us to only send four items, a feat in itself for many of us. Don't be down on yourself because a couple of people are / were late sending. I'm always available to send a make-up box should you ever need one. The crux is once names are assigned for any swap, the game is on and it's totally up to the participants to follow through. Stuff happens and I'll sleep better tonight knowing you're alright, Jax.

This IS a great idea for a swap and would really love to see ONBB repeated and am ready when you say the word, Joy.

Raise your hands if you feel the same way!

I really enjoyed the swap and please don't take lateness personal. All the swaps I enter some are always late for a million different reasons and sometimes it is me sadly. One time I sent the very day I got my name and all thru the swap the rest of the time for a split second I would think I had forgotten to send...rofl

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
My hand is raised... this was a fun swap. Definitely required a bit of creativity, but that was part of the fun :)
Hope the last few boxes make it to their intended people soon!
Michelle

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.