OLD, NEW, BORROWED, BLUE GIFTS TO VIEW

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Here we await our swap treasures. Each package will have four items, yes only four. One for each piece of the rhyme. I will concede that if you are giving, say a matched set of something, it will be the same as one item. Example: box of tea bags, bag of candy, two matched dish towels, pair of socks (ROFLMAO), etc. Any card you include would not count.
Now for the fun part. Old can be something truly old: antique, me, grandmother's garters, geez where am I going? Something repurposed,a baby from a plant you have had for many years, last year's fruit cake, cookies made from an old recipe which is included, etc.
New is pretty self explanatory isn't it?
Borrowed is one we have cussed and discussed: perhaps something you got from another swap, something that was given to you rather than purchased, something of your neighbor's (Oops here I go again), no nothing illegal please. We can surely talk about it before we hand out names.
Blue, well there are hundreds of shades of blue and thousands of things that are blue even before you get to sad, jazz, or bluegrass.

Our members:

FruitoftheVine (Susan) http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=9139706
jxstiger (Jax)
scbuttercup (Judy) http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=9145726
taters55 (Linda Kay) http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=9143516

careyana (Carey) Received
Crit (Patti) Received
Garden Quail (Michelle) Received
goldhillal (Crystal) Received
happgarden (Joyce) Received
hollysmama (Liz) Received
lizrainey (Liz) received
warriorswisdomkathy (Kathy) Received
ridoodles (Martha) Received
rouxcrew (Joy) - Received
susanl61520 (Susan) Received
Where we came from: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1261043/

This message was edited Aug 4, 2012 2:08 PM

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Canton, IL(Zone 5a)

I has arrived!!!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I made it over.....

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I got my name! ^_^

Pacifica, CA

yaaay got my name.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Got my name! Hmmm... What all to get for my buddy :)
Michelle

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Got my name! This should be a fun one! :D

Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

EXCUSE MY IGNORANCE, BUT HOW DO I LOOK UP THIS SPECIAL PERSONS ADDRESS? I RECEIVED MY NAME AND SO CANNOT WAIT TO SEND THE MAGIC...I SAY MAGIC BECAUSE I LOVE LOVE GETTING MAIL, ESPECIALLY MAIL IN A BIG BOX...:-)
SINCERELY IN LOVE WITH THIS IDEA AND THANKFUL THIS PERSON MENTIONED A LITTLE OF HER FAVES..
MARTHA

Martha, sent you a dmail with her addy. But you can find them by clicking "home", then looking under the top row of headers for "Extras" Click there and when the link opens, scroll down till you get to DG Address Exchange. From there, click the first letter of her avatar name, scroll down till you find it, then click again. There it will be.

Joy

This was one of the hardest things for me in DG.

Joy I finally stopped and looked at the picture at the top, that is so cute, which my garden room and garden looked like that minature one.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

ok...I'm here.....

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Thanks Joyce, that is at ARE (Antique Rose Emporium), and I have several photos in my folder from there to give me inspiration as I work on my own cottage garden. I drive out there regularly to dream. According to them, most of their garden areas just evolve and they put in little or no effort once it gets started. Pulling a weed here, trimming off dead stuff there, it is what a cottage garden should be. Complete with repurposed junk that has been made useful.
Here is a larger view of that same area. Isn't it wonderful?????

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

That is beautiful!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

That's the kind of place that makes you just want to pull up a chair or take a lazy stroll and get lost in dreamy thoughts.

My box has been in the wind since yesterday. Gotta tell you, Joy, this swap was a toughie, but in a good way being able to stretch ye ol brain cells.
Now, having said that, the 'old' included for my Bud came in a set. Doesn't a set count as one item? lol

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

I know what you mean Fruits, ARE is a beautiful place that is fun to explore.

Yes, we discussed sets as being "one" item. Things that go together as well.

Love that picture and so fun. I went to a house last night that was too cool. She is a painter artist with lots of imagination. The whole back of the house was one huge covered porch with cedar wall and all kinds of cool old stuff hanging off of it. That is the way I wanted our house but I seem to have a dh who cares and as far as I am concerned has no imagination. Anytime I hear a woman complain because her husband doesn't care how something is decorated, I am guessing she would feel completely different when he did care...rofl. I took pics of her porch and her studio, you crafters out there will be so jealous of her work bench, it is huge and out of an old pharmacy or something.

So hot and windy here and no rain in site, we have been having wind gusts up to 40....then high 90's, I water and in a minute it is dry again..rofl.

Can't wait to see those pictures!

1st pic is looking down part of the porch
2nd pic is just some of decorations
3rd pic more decorations, those 2 guys are MG's in our group
4th pic gotta love the rain barrel

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden

Wow, that is awesome! Love that rain barrel!

Here a few more.

3rd picture is 1/2 of her studio, look at that counter......so cool.
Sorry some of the shots are blurry.

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden

Thought you guys would like the rain barrel....too cute.

That is such an inviting place! Make's ya want to walk up, pour yourself an iced tea or lemonade, and sit for a bit!

I just love the old stuff, but then again I love ultra modern glass, and sea shore look, and the cottage look, hummm must be why my house looks like a Kansas tornado went thru and left a little bit of everything...rofl.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Wow, if Fruity already has her box on its way, guess we all better be watching our mail! :) I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone receives...
Michelle

I am the lucky recipient of Miss Fruitalicious' box!!!!!! It came today and it truly embodies the idea of the swap.

Old - Avon's ceramic goose measuring spoons in their own crate. (much quieter than my real geese)

New - A solar driven light whirlymajig porch art. And it is in COPPER!!!! I will admit that I was a little sad when I looked at the box, it showed a shiny chrome one and I was thinking that I would have to move it to the bunk house where we have chrome. It is one of those changing color lights that will be neat in the evening when I am sitting out there.

Borrowed - A recipe book she borrowed 25 years ago, complete with a cool beaded book mark. I sat on the porch watching it sprinkle to look at it and fell in love with the VERY FIRST RECIPE! Maple Pecan Breakfast Wheel. Oh yea, I will be reading recipes for the rest of the week.

Blue - A cobalt blue and white tea mug from Virginia. She knows how much I love Cobalt Blue, almost to the point of divorcing my DH over the kitchen floor. And kitchy stuff like the neat outside.

I have already drunk tea from my mug, read my book, and watched my solar light. Now to cook with my geese!

What a great box Fruit! Doing the happy dance!!!!!!

I think I will repurpose your box and get mine shipped in the morning.
Whoop!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by rouxcrew Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Joy, that is an awesome box! Love those spinners! And how lucky you are to get that precious cook book.
Way to go Miss Fruitalicious!

(Judy) Simpsonville, SC(Zone 8a)

I found you! Skip a mayor two and you start a new thread. Wow, I'd better get moving and get a box.

Judy, you and me both! ACK!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

What a great idea- solar whirigig! Wish I had one. Where can one find something like that???

Happy Birthday Liz, hope you have a fantastic day!

Thumbnail by taters55
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

I haven't seen any around here but have seen several different ones pop up in swaps goldhillal.

Now that I am ready to pack my box I am vascillating on what to put in it. Thought I was good to go and now I am looking at a table with several different things and cannot decide. Sigh.

Joy

Joy that is what I do....I hate that, maybe it is something in a name....rofl. Joyce

Happy Birthday, Liz, and many more!

Joy, I've only had one female roommate, and she left that cookbook when she moved out many moons ago. The Avon Geese measuring spoons used to keep me company when we were living in our camper and I found them in a little antique shop in WV....you know I'm a lousy baker, but they always made me smile.

Crystal, I found the solar whirlygig in the Spring at CVS, of all places.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Joyce, you aren't blonde also are you? I always worr y that my partner won't like things I have chosen, or that I didn't do enough. So I sit and stare and agonize. Silly, I know. I mean who wouldn't want a clown picture done in velvet with eyes that follow you across the room, right?
Fruity, what I have found so far is that the recipes seem fairly easy and straight forward. None of the over complicating that seems to inhabit fancy cookbooks of that time frame. When you add all the techniques and gadgets there is now, it is great. Haven't bought a generic cookbook in years, since the Internet became so handy so I am excited and will be trying and twisting a pcouple recipes this weekend. That is, if I can decide what to send my buddy. I know, an Elvis bobble head doll!

Joy

I'm hoping to get my box out Monday at the latest! I'm having a harder time than intended with the "borrowed" - UGH!

Just a note to my buddy - if you haven't sent me a box yet - DON'T!!! I am leaving town for a week on Tuesday and DH is NOT reliable with retrieving items from the porch - nor would he know what to do with anything!!! I'll be back by the 4th so sending that week would work great. :)

Enjoy your trip Carey. How was the Peach Jamboree?

Well, I spent my morning working on a suitable way to pack my buddy's box, sat around with styrofoam, scissors, knife and a hacksaw. I know, it is the blonde in me. I wanted to be sure that nothing shifted. So a couple hours and a lot of little balls later, I have everything just like I want it and realize that if I send it today, it might sit in a hot warehouse on Sunday. Sigh. So mine will go out Monday. Now I have styrofoam bits everywhere, in the dog's hair, on the couch, down my shirt... Fun, fun!!!!!

Joy

LOL Joy! Has DH asked you about your foamy dandruff problem? ;)

Didn't make it to the JAMboree. It was a late night Friday since DH had just flown back into town, and Sandi couldn't make it either. I've just been eating all the Texas peaches I can find instead. They're a mighty tasty crop this year! Glad we got all the spring rains, because those babies are juicy and sweet!

When is the last send date? I'm really starting to question if I'll get this one out before I leave. :(

Yeah, the difficult part wasn't gathering, it was narrowing down which items to send. Borrowed gave me a tussle, then I remembered what a great cook you are, Joy.

Have a great time, Carey!

We've already eaten a few VA peaches, my fav fruit, and they were mighty sweet and juicy. The Navel Oranges from Florida so far have been the same.

I had said it would be good to have them out by the 4th, and I figure we will be stretching it a bit since it is such a challenge for everyone. So I won't be sending the deadline police after you Carey. Y'all are right about the peaches, they are wonderful this year.

You know my DH just puts his head down and keeps walking. He says it is best not to ask sometimes.

Joy

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.