My new fence

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I thought I'd better start a different thread for the new fence, so the dial up friends wouldn'tend up waiting for the next millenium for the regular thread to load. When looking at the pictures: my lot is pretty much pie shaped. The "crust" would be generally north, the old enclosed veggie garden west, the house on the south side of the back yard, and the bedrooms on the east side.

This is the west side of the fence and the northwest corner. Zoey is so busy exploring her yard that she can hardly be still for a picture. There's a people gate in the NW corner so I can scooter out thru a neighbors yard if necessary.
Pat

Thumbnail by goshsmom
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

This is all fence along the north.

Thumbnail by goshsmom Thumbnail by goshsmom Thumbnail by goshsmom Thumbnail by goshsmom
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Continuing around. The double gate opens to the driveway, letting the yard guys in to mow or, hopefully next year, the pool construction company in!

Thumbnail by goshsmom Thumbnail by goshsmom Thumbnail by goshsmom Thumbnail by goshsmom
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Here's the northeast corner. So far the smoke bush/ tree is trying hard to disguise my neighbors' dead pine & spruce trees. The other people gate is here at the southeast.

Thumbnail by goshsmom Thumbnail by goshsmom
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

This is what the gate looks like from the other side. The redbud tree is a volunteer. The hydrangea is one that I can't remember the name of, but I love it!

Thumbnail by goshsmom Thumbnail by goshsmom Thumbnail by goshsmom Thumbnail by goshsmom Thumbnail by goshsmom
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

oops-- I double-posted the same pic on that last one. Right now cars are parked in front of the gate. TOmorrow I'll try & get some pics that show what that looks like.

Pat

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I LOVE your fence Pat!!!!!
I am sure you will too!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

WOW!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Pat what is the curved blossom in the Redbud shot? Lizard-tail?

Do you have issues w/ Zoey trying to escape?
I see a few egress spots under the fence.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Ric,
Are you talking about the white flowerhead one? That's gooseneck loosestrife. I love but it is a bully.

Despite patrolling the entire fenceline when she goes out, Zoey has yet to escape. There's some chain link fence on the reverse side of the fence on the north. I've also shored up some of the holes from the outside of the fence with dirt or rocks that don't necessarily show up in the photos. And then, she's sorta dumb about passageways. We have a dog/cat door between the laundry room and the basement, and she has yet to discover that she can go through there. No matter how many times a day she watches a cat disappear through that magic opening, she has no idea that she, too, could go through that little door! I'm not about to teach her that right now, either.

Pat

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Love it Pat!
Flower looks just like our Lizard Tail.

LOL about not having a clue!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Amazing! I'd never heard of Lizard's Tail, so I just looked it up. The loosestrife is properly lysimachia clethroides, but they sure look like kissing cousins to me.

How's the pup doing, btw?
Pat

This message was edited Jun 17, 2012 11:07 AM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

He's whipped from hiking all weekend...
Puppies don't know how to pace themselves......lol!

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

What a great picture!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

It's beautiful Pat! I really need to visit you again. I believe I still owe you some yard work....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.