First Blooms of Newly Planted Daylily

Riverview, MI(Zone 6a)

First blooms of a new bareroot daylily I planted this spring -- Bubbly. Specs state a 20" scape and 2.87" blooms.

Mine came in at 17" scape and 2" petite blooms...very pretty. First picture is in the early morning light and the second is this evening's shade.

Thumbnail by rherma10 Thumbnail by rherma10
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Rherma, we are happy for you. Patience is the name of the game. You will look back at this after you have accumulated hundreds and LAUGH. I have a few years in this DL "thingy". I can see mine coming along. LOL!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

very cute. love mini's. they are like little daylily faries

Riverview, MI(Zone 6a)

Patience is key. I've been going out every morning and evening to see if anything has bloomed...haha. I checked this a.m. and I have another one blooming, "Eagles on High" which was a gift plant with one of my recent orders. I'll post a picture of that one tonight.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Several has bloomed for the first time in the last couple weeks including some that I got within the last two months. Freewheelin surprised me this morning. What a big bloom. Pics are coming as soon as I get the time. Mike

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice! It is to be expected that the height and diameter of the bloom will be smaller than what it's registered at, as it's still settling in. Should be correct height and diameter next year. Then it the third year it will really shine!

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.