new Princess Wu questions

Niles, MI(Zone 5a)

I have a new two year old princess, and in the past week the edges of the leaves are turning like they are dying, papery thin and loosing all color. I have had the plant for 1 month and is in the shade, watered regularly. Non or my other hostas have this thing going on, does anyone know what this is?

Ottawa, Canada

Annabelle, you should post a picture.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I had a few like that I got through mail orders, they just got too hot and went into shock. You can try a little diluted Miracle Grow, and just leave it, seems like nothing you do will make it happy but leave it in the ground it will probably come up beautiful next year. Like my Golden Meadows, I was ready to throw that Hosta in the trash!

Thumbnail by virginiarose
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I looked up Princess Wu and didn't find much. Do you have a description?

Niles, MI(Zone 5a)

We have had heat in the 90's+ for a couple days, my local nursery says it is "heat stress" and not to worry, the plant will recover.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Here is my E. Wu -- I got it last summer.

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

It's beautiful! But, I think she might be talking about Princess Wu. I haven't been able to find a picture of it.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh Shoot -- right Susan... ops... **hangs head** LOL.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

It's not listed in the Hosta Library under either Princess Wu or Xanadu Princess Wu.

Googling 'hosta "princess wu" image' brings up pictures only of 'Empress Wu'.

Searching for the hosta, I didn't find anything of value. I'm inclined to believe that this may be a nursery name and may be incorrect. The ONLY registered hostas containing "Wu" are 'Blue Wu' and 'Empress Wu'.

The only ones listed on myhostas.be are:

Blue Wu
Empress Wu
Empress Wu streaked
Princess WuWu
Xanadu Empress Wu

The other possibility is that this is an unregistered sport developed by a local nursery.

Ann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.