Will the Real Bonnie Holley Please Stand UP!!!

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

so, i have two small clumps that are both labled Bonnie Holley. they are planted about 2 feet apart! not sure how that happened. lol anyway, the form, size, height and sculpting are similar. the one thing that is big difference is the color! the examples i have seen online look more like the lighter color. i really love them both, but i prefer the hotter coral. so, if the coral one is not BH, what is it? what do you guys think? oh, btw, i have had these for 3 bloom seasons now.

tracie

Thumbnail by aggiegrl Thumbnail by aggiegrl Thumbnail by aggiegrl Thumbnail by aggiegrl
Solsberry, IN(Zone 6a)

Here is a pic of my Bonnie Holley from last year when it bloomed for the first time since planting it in the fall of 2009. I won it as a door prize from the local daylily club that I am in-it had been ordered from somewhere (can't remember where).

Thumbnail by janie1leigh
Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

janie, yes, yours looks like the paler of mine. also, that is what you see in other pics on the net. i am just really confused what is going on with the coral one! thanks for posting. :)

tracie

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

ok, i think i have it figured out!! i googled sculpted, coral daylily and up popped a picture of Intaglio Image! that was a flower that i ordered at the same time as this one! i have a different plant labeled Intaglio Image, now i will have to figure out which one that is! lol Intaglio Image is a Maryott intro and the pic he has really doesnt represent this flower very well. but, maybe it has something to do with our extreme heat, etc. nice to have this little mystery figured out. :)

here is Maryott's pic

tracie

Thumbnail by aggiegrl
Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

here is the pic that popped up when i googled. looks just like my coral one.

tracie

Thumbnail by aggiegrl
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes, that does look like your coral one. Great solving of the mystery!

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.