Need ID for two trees.. Will post seperately- Here's the 1st

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

I have attached three pictures. The Tree, the Leaves, and the Trunk

Please let me know if you have questions, and I will do my best to answer well. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thumbnail by GreenThumbSuker Thumbnail by GreenThumbSuker Thumbnail by GreenThumbSuker
Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Cercis?

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Yep, Cercis canadensis

Resin

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the information. It does look like my tree. :)

"Cercis canadensis- The Rising Sun"

Is this tree also known as an Eastern Redbud?

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quote from GreenThumbSuker :
Is this tree also known as an Eastern Redbud?

Yep!

Resin

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Perfect.. Thanks for the ID.

This message was edited Jun 7, 2012 7:34 PM

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i do not think that is rising sun which is yellow to appricot to green leafed. looks like a normal eastern redbud. how tall is it? rising sun only gets to 10 - 12' tall.

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

It looks to be about 12 ft tall.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

What is the leaf color? Your picture looks like it i a typical green and not yellow and appricot.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I agree on it not being 'Rising Sun'. Here's a picture that shows the leaf coloration for that one: http://www.wisenurseries.com/gallery/index.php/Trees/CercisTheRisingSun-Redbud

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

I didnt mean to imply that it is Rising Sun.. Actually when I looked up "Cercis canadensis" it just pulled up Rising Sun. I thought that just might be part of the name. The images available looked very similar to my tree. - I must admit to being a bit color blind and don't always see shades of color exactly the same as others do. Therefore, my guesses aren't always correct.

I do agree that my leaves seem to be typical green. I am perfectly happy with it being a Normal Eastern Redbud :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.