How to Mosaic - I am so confused

Thousand Oaks, CA(Zone 10a)

I think after reading and looking at all the BB,tables etc, that you talented folks have done, I've completely confused myself with what I want to do.

At the moment I am tumbling broken wine bottles to mosaic onto backeboard in the shape of a gecko. I am just tumbling the glass enough to get rid of the sharp edges. I have, however, just noticed that there is not a big difference between my light green wine bottles and my yellowish bottles, Maybe by the time I'm done, I'll have thought if something to do. And many, many thanks to Denimangle for her tuitorials on making Sea Glass. Wow.....they have helped greatly!

Sadly, sort of, I inherited 6 different sets of dinnerware, so hope to smash and put on a big round fiberglass table that is 49 years old. My neighbor loved to entertain, and I was given these sets by her husband: green, blue, yellow ,red, white, and purple dishes. Plus some with a beautiful yellow sunflower with blue trim... Gorgeous! And I have bought different pieces in thrift stores, so I have guite a lot off stuff to use, so I want to ensure that I use it correctly. Oh, and he gave me a whole container of tumbled rocks from when his kid was little. So I am going to copy J222's idea and glue them onto a pot.

Sorry, I;m so long, my mind just keeps racing.....I don't have any pictures yet, as I've not done anything...Oh wait I did do the succculents on crocs, let;'s see if i can get that pic in....

Thumbnail by keepingactive
This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!