Ugly Thread

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

We usually have an ugly thread. When Green Revolution bloomed today, I thought it would probably qualify to start things off. Who ever presents the ugliest will get a pat on the back.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Snufalufagus arrived with no sepals.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh poor Snufalufagus, looks like he went through high winds or a blender.

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

A couple of mine. Some are more weird than ugly.

Bold One
A seedling
Monet's Garden got a little hung up.. Looks like it is praying.
Rhubarb Pie got squashed.

Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206
Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Headline for today:

Small World Hip Hop Music while having a bad day, stumbled doing the Vienna Waltz and failed to receive Top Honor. A White Stripe was given in honorable mention.

Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Too Funny!!!

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

LOLOLOL

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Grin!

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

LOL

And Green Revolution, while not green, is surely revolting today.

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

here is the first bloom on Blissful Blackberry Pie. wow, it was ugly and looked like it would bite! it got better though, thank goodness!! :)

tracie

This message was edited Jun 10, 2012 2:08 PM

Thumbnail by aggiegrl Thumbnail by aggiegrl
Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

Ewww, Now that's ugly! LOL

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Looks like Royal Celebration may have partied a little too much.
Guess it was an all the way around bad day for the royals. Here's Wayside King Royal.

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
South Bend, IN

This is an Incendiary only a mother could love...

Thumbnail by JWWC
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Blue Eyed Curls has won the award a couple times, and it looks to be in contention again this year.
It should look more like this, the second picture.

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Eye of the Hurricane must have gotten caught in the storm.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I am curious is it weather conditions or what that causes most of these deformities?

Riverview, MI(Zone 6a)

I guess this one deserves to be on the ugly list. First bloom on a newly planted daylily about a month ago - Eagles on High. Picture of today's bloom and picture of what it is suppose to look like.

This message was edited Jun 14, 2012 6:41 PM

Thumbnail by rherma10 Thumbnail by rherma10
Glenwood, IA

My Love After Dark usually looks like your Green Revolution does. Very similar in appearance with ugly mottles. Must say the plant is unusual, too. Leaves stay upright and are broad and flat like a sword. Most unique plant in the bed.

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

I think I have you all beat for ugly! This is a picture of my Essence of Royalty. At least that is what it is supposed to be! It doesn't look ANYTHING like the picture of the one I got as a gift. Of course, you can see that mine has its problems.....for sure. AND I knocked off the other bud, so have no hope of seeing what it "might" look like. It is a rebloomer, so hopefully it will straighten itself out.

The first pic is what it should look like and I think you can figure out the 2nd one....LOL

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Warners, NY

I have a seedling thats all streaks--I thought it would clear up---maybe it caught something--then for the third or fourth year it bloomed the same, I guess it's genetic and I'm not certain what to do with it. This is an old picture but it did the same thing this year. weedy

Thumbnail by weedyseedy Thumbnail by weedyseedy Thumbnail by weedyseedy
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Must be genetic like Pink Stripes.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I kinda like the stripes..............

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Mike - I think it is pretty!

Linda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.