Knautia macedonica

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Do you grow it? Do you like it? I have several plants I started from seeds last winter but I haven't been too impressed with its performance. The color is nice and I like the flowers but they seem few and far between. The plants have flopped all over and look pretty ratty. What do you think? Should it stay or should it go?

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Sue I have one thats been growing for at least 2 or 3 years and it had lots and lots of flowers, and bloomed for several weeks. It didn't flop near as much as some of my scabiosa's. I am definately keeping it.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I luv mine and now it has babies growing! I bought a lighter pink one and a powder blue one this summer-I luv them! if you dont want it send it to me! =} LOL
dori

Montrose, PA(Zone 5a)

I love mine. I ordered three but only one survived.They are a little rangey even my white one but they blend in. The "Pink Mist" and Butterfly Blue are great too they all were blooming until we had our killing frost.

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

I've had mine growing for about 5 yrs. now. I don't really care for the plant, for the very same reasons Poppysue listed. The only reason it is still growing is because it is in a wildflower type garden.

Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi MORNINGGLORY...just noticed your "location". I used to spend summers at Forest Lake with my cousins many moons ago and we went into Montrose to the movies.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

I got one at my greenhouse last Spring.All it sais was it was a red knauita.....the little marker that came with it just showed a red flower..looking like a pincushion type of a thing. It was just a wee thing when I planted it. WELL, it grew and it grew...till It started to freak me right out. it grew these LONG>>>>>>>.Tenicles. and then..on the very end. there was a red flower. It grewSo fast. you could almost sit there and watch it. it was starting to look really like something from outer space.The roseett part of the base of it was EASILY 3 foot wide. No lie. It got so big so fast that I ended up digging it up out of my garden cuz it was like this monster back there. All these arms and legs all over the place. It got as tall as my garbage dumpster....in about 6 weeks time. you could tell from one day to the next that it grew.I am talking like it would grow maybe 6 inches a day. It made me nervous. It was like it had a mind of its own...maybe I got some kind of a mutent plant. I don;t know. but. i would never get one again.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Since ya'll are in zones 5-7, sounds to me like you better keep it up north. If you were to send it down here to zone 9, it would definitely have a mind of it's own & grow wherever it wanted to. And if it was the size of Mingsmimi, it wouldn't have too many people telling it, it couldn't grow where it wanted too! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.